Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

Apart from the attack itself, one aspect I always find distasteful is the apparent excitement and enthusiasm shown by some "journalists" in reporting it. Some seem positively tumescent when they can report a higher death toll than their fellow hacks.
Absolutely.
No decorum whatsoever.
We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond
Who comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die -
Don Henley.
And in this age of twitter etc, it just gets worse.

Didn’t take Sadiq Khan long to jump on the bandwagon....
He’s ordered armed police at all mosques in London today.
Funny, he can’t order armed police out into the virtual war zones of London’s east end to deal with stabbing.

Yes. But that undercurrent of xenophobia runs quite deep amongst many folk.
Hatred for hatred's sake
I'm afraid the sad thing is that it runs in all of us and unless we realise that and actively police ourselves to control it, it just keeps popping out. The casual xenophobes, racists, sexists, etc. on this board are legion and any comment that points this out gets a little bucket of vitriol back from them claiming that you are the one at fault. This event is just the sharp end of a very big wedge that far too many people particpate in.

How the **** was expressing an opinion that fortunately white supremacist's tend to be disorganised violent thugs and so they lack the skills to organise a concerted campaign virtue signalling.

Well ill be fucked now your the resident expert on Australian interracial relations whoda thunk it.

Ironically - If your correct and casual racism is wide spread - it only reinforces my point that fortunately the supremacist types tend to be inbred mongs with the organisational skills a dead parrot

I’ll be sure to tell the assorted mine and wife’s relatives down under that some bloke on the interwebs says they live in a haven of multicultural tranquility and not to call the Chinese ‘Bloody chinks’ no more.
You want everyday casual racism? Queensland outside Brisvegas is pretty ‘interesting’
Hobbits? Maoris can be properly racist to non whites, let alone ‘pakia’

I was watching CNN earlier. What a load of twaddle!

I paraphrase somewhat, but this is the gist of it.

"And how did they get hold of the guns and ammunition when guns are banned in New Zealand?"

"Oh, they make copies of Uzis, ARs and AKs in China, you know, and it's easy to get them sent in by post."

I was watching CNN earlier. What a load of twaddle!

I paraphrase somewhat, but this is the gist of it.

"And how did they get hold of the guns and ammunition when guns are banned in New Zealand?"

"Oh, they make copies of Uzis, ARs and AKs in China, you know, and it's easy to get them sent in by post."
Nearly 250,000 licensed firearms owners own and use New Zealand's estimated 1.5 million firearms.

Didn’t take Sadiq Khan long to jump on the bandwagon....
He’s ordered armed police at all mosques in London today
That sounds like a lot of firearms officers.

Can the mayor give such orders or does he just take credit for the orders of the Commissioner and her Senior Officers?

From various reports, this is obviously fact.
How bad it will turn out to be, remains to be seen.
For this to happen in NZ leaves me stunned to be frank.
An awful situation. Especially in a country like New Zealand.

Last time I looked the toll was 49.

I have little doubt the final toll will be higher.

Looks like little New Zealand just did a fair bit of growing up.

For too many years their defence and security policy has been based on " we just little nerdy kids, please don't hurt us ..... by the way, our Big Brother Australia will do all the fighting for us and pay for us.."

Looks like that just came to an abrupt halt.

Not sure I'd trust Ardern to lead anyone through a door, let alone a country. She almost broke into tears. Weak. Things just got real for her as well.

And the song the shooter was playing in his car on the drive to the mosque in the video?
Remove Kebab Song.... popular Serb nationalist song.

So look to the Balkans : Serb emigres with military training

Last edited:
Looks like little New Zealand just did a fair bit of growing up.

For too many years their defence and security policy has been based on " we just little nerdy kids, please don't hurt us ..... by the way, our Big Brother Australia will do all the fighting for us and pay for us.."

Looks like that just came to an abrupt halt.

Not sure I'd trust Ardern to lead anyone through a door, let alone a country. She almost broke into tears. Weak. Things just got real for her as well.
Perhaps some benefit can come out of what has been an horrific event. Much like Port Arthur for Oz, this may be a turning point in attitude to a whole bunch of NZ security issues.

Latest Threads