Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

Pandering to mass-welfare recipients. Wonder what the dress will be when an adherent of Jediism gets brassed up.
Do you have the figures for welfare recipients in NZ to hand or are you just making shit up? Again? As advised, drop the "Counter" for accuracy.

Well! That makes all the difference...

How terribly, terribly gauche of them to attend any sort of protest wearing symbols that actually validate their record of service to their Nation...

This might come as a surprise to you but it counts much more than "somebody who was in cycling gear."

You snowflakes need to learn that you cannot treat a pair of lycra bike shorts as a temple garment.

Even if you do the same - for secular purposes.

Bike shorts - good. "A solitary GSM (presume NI)" - Bad.

This lack of self-awareness while staggering is unsurprising. Orwell warned us.
Were you a specimen in the study?

'A new study from researchers at the Queensland University of Technology and Monash University has found a link between the dehumanisation of cyclists and acts of aggression towards them. The study found more than half of drivers think cyclists are not completely human, with the academics having to develop a specific insect-to-human scale because respondents often described cyclists as “cockroaches”.'

Study finds cyclists are considered less than human by majority of people

'A new study from researchers at the Queensland University of Technology and Monash University has found a link between the dehumanisation of cyclists and acts of aggression towards them. The study found more than half of drivers think cyclists are not completely human, with the academics having to develop a specific insect-to-human scale because respondents often described cyclists as “cockroaches”.'

Only when they don’t obey the rules of the road...

chippymick

On ROPS
On ROPs
Do you have any evidence to show that those were shot were in receipt of benefits?
You are disputing it...

Have you made an enquiry at all yourself?

I would venture that the New Zealand experience would not be terribly different to the Australian one. We are pretty lock step with our NZ cousins in all matters related to social welfare.

Briefly, the Australian experience has been.

"More than 1.5 million people receiving welfare payments in Australia were born overseas with migrants over-represented on the aged and carer pensions, according to previously confidential data.

About 40 per cent of the 2.5 million people on the Age Pension have come from other countries — especially Greece, Italy and Britain — typically working much of their lives in Australia before retiring.

The fastest growing income- support pension, the carer payment, is disproportionately used by people born in the Middle East

Iraqi-Australians accounted for 3.77 per cent of the 260,592 carer payment recipients — 15 times their representation in the general population, which is just 0.23 per cent.

Lebanese-Australians, 0.39 per cent of the general population, comprise almost 3 per cent of those on the carer payments and 1.27 per cent of people on disability support.

The data, obtained from the Department of Social Services under Freedom of Information laws, paints a picture of a multicultural society in which Australian-born people are over-represented on the dole and disability support pension.

Recent immigrants whose experiences are shaped by different cultures, lack of skills and low English proficiency, and often conflict, tend towards income-support welfare.

The Age Pension will cost more than $45 billion in 2016-17 and carers’ income support $8.3bn.

Centre for Independent Studies senior research fellow Jeremy Sammut told The Australian there was no doubt the federal government needed to get cracking on overhauling welfare payments to “remove perverse incentives”to seek high-paying entitlements.

But, he added, other factors influenced the data.

“For example, some people from overseas have a very different attitude to caring for their parents; there would be a reluctance on behalf of ethnic groups to put their elderly parents into care and it is often seen as shameful.

“The other problem of the long-term unemployed and welfare dependency is due to the complexity and number of payments and people who may have limited opportunity or likelihood of working.

“That might be because they have limited English or arrive as refugees with few skills to find work in the modern world.”

I would be shocked if the New Zealand tax base draining experience of the Middle East influx did not exactly mirror the Australian one.

Even my grandfather would agree that Poms, Greeks, Greasers, the wogs, the clogs, the dagos, the refos, the balts and even the Vietnamese have all earned their right to suck on the public tit.

Because they have contributed.

I'm looking forward to you providing the data that proves me wrong.

Data not Feelz. OK?

One of the reasons why I would be shocked is because Arden hooked into a political bale of hay when she promised to take in the mostly ME refugees that Australia kept on Nauru and Manus Island,

The reason why she reneged on that "fully woke" promise was that someone from the treasury slipped her a piece of paper that showed her what it would actually cost.

chippymick

On ROPS
On ROPs

Yes

You are disputing it...

Have you made an enquiry at all yourself?

I would venture that the New Zealand experience would not be terribly different to the Australian one. We are pretty lock step with our NZ cousins in all matters related to social welfare.

Briefly, the Australian experience has been.

"More than 1.5 million people receiving welfare payments in Australia were born overseas with migrants over-represented on the aged and carer pensions, according to previously confidential data.

About 40 per cent of the 2.5 million people on the Age Pension have come from other countries — especially Greece, Italy and Britain — typically working much of their lives in Australia before retiring.

The fastest growing income- support pension, the carer payment, is disproportionately used by people born in the Middle East

Iraqi-Australians accounted for 3.77 per cent of the 260,592 carer payment recipients — 15 times their representation in the general population, which is just 0.23 per cent.

Lebanese-Australians, 0.39 per cent of the general population, comprise almost 3 per cent of those on the carer payments and 1.27 per cent of people on disability support.

The data, obtained from the Department of Social Services under Freedom of Information laws, paints a picture of a multicultural society in which Australian-born people are over-represented on the dole and disability support pension.

Recent immigrants whose experiences are shaped by different cultures, lack of skills and low English proficiency, and often conflict, tend towards income-support welfare.

The Age Pension will cost more than $45 billion in 2016-17 and carers’ income support $8.3bn.

Centre for Independent Studies senior research fellow Jeremy Sammut told The Australian there was no doubt the federal government needed to get cracking on overhauling welfare payments to “remove perverse incentives”to seek high-paying entitlements.

But, he added, other factors influenced the data.

“For example, some people from overseas have a very different attitude to caring for their parents; there would be a reluctance on behalf of ethnic groups to put their elderly parents into care and it is often seen as shameful.

“The other problem of the long-term unemployed and welfare dependency is due to the complexity and number of payments and people who may have limited opportunity or likelihood of working.

“That might be because they have limited English or arrive as refugees with few skills to find work in the modern world.”

I would be shocked if the New Zealand tax base draining experience of the Middle East influx did not exactly mirror the Australian one.

Even my grandfather would agree that Poms, Greeks, Greasers, the wogs, the clogs, the dagos, the refos, the balts and even the Vietnamese have all earned their right to suck on the public tit.

Because they have contributed.

I'm looking forward to you providing the data that proves me wrong.

Data not Feelz. OK?

One of the reasons why I would be shocked is because Arden hooked into a political bale of hay when she promised to take in the mostly ME refugees that Australia kept on Nauru and Manus Island,

The reason why she reneged on that "fully woke" promise was that someone from the treasury slipped her a piece of paper that showed her what it would actually cost.
Well, you're certainly reinforcing stereotypes, when barely 5% of the recipients cause you such angst.

chippymick

On ROPS
On ROPs

"Especially Greece, Italy and Britain — typically working much of their lives in Australia before retiring.

Even my grandfather would agree that Poms, Greeks, Greasers, the wogs, the clogs, the dagos, the refos, the balts and even the Vietnamese have all earned their right to suck on the public tit."

What's your point?

chippymick

On ROPS
On ROPs
"Well, you're certainly reinforcing stereotypes."

Yeah, whatever.

I explicitly stated that I wanted data not feelz.

Go and get yourself a pair of bike pants.

It will obviously enhance your experience. Only then will you be guaranteed to be holier than thou.

stereotype.jpg

Well played.

Well! That makes all the difference...
This might come as a surprise to you but it counts much more than "somebody who was in cycling gear."

You snowflakes need to learn that you cannot treat a pair of lycra bike shorts as a temple garment.

Even if you do the same - for secular purposes.

Bike shorts - good. "A solitary GSM (presume NI)" - Bad.

This lack of self-awareness while staggering is unsurprising. Orwell warned us.
Gosh, so many assumptions.

An overtly political rally is, I suggest, no an appropriate venue to wear uniform and medals. It is expressly forbidden for SP to do so; obviously ex SP can do what they like, but I fail to see what the purpose was in doing so, apart from making them looking like Saddos living in the past. (for comparison, last count for me was 9 medals...)

Those who know me know that I am no 'snowflake' and you are making similar assumptions because I was wearing cycling gear (including baggy mountain biker shorts out of modesty).* The fact that I was prepared to challenge pissed-up, fat middle-aged men (I'm one too!) and the sheer f$ck-witted lunacy of their conspiracy theories - and their unreconstructed racism - shows my mettle.

Whether I am a leaver or remainer is not the point. The sheer presence of a lot of openly racist people from groups such as Democratic Football Lads' Alliance and English Defence League, who were equally open in spouting off their despicable and loathing beliefs, is a grave concern. When did British society become so hateful? A country that hasn't done pogroms since the 13th century; a country that allows all religions to practice (in spite of a state religion); a country that is one of the most liberal in the world (and I have lived and worked in a lot of countries - illiberal countries are just not a lot of fun).

*I have a short-term contract in Whitehall and commute part-way on a road bike, in an effort to regain fitness after part of a lung was removed with cancer late last year and recent(ish) heart surgery. When I returned to my station's so-called secure bike park (CCTV, ANPR etc) on Friday afternoon my bike was gone. No doubt taken by a benefit-scrounging pro-leave Romanian pikey.

chippymick

On ROPS
On ROPs
Gosh, so many assumptions.

An overtly political rally is, I suggest, no an appropriate venue to wear uniform and medals. It is expressly forbidden for SP to do so; obviously ex SP can do what they like, but I fail to see what the purpose was in doing so, apart from making them looking like Saddos living in the past. (for comparison, last count for me was 9 medals...)

Those who know me know that I am no 'snowflake' and you are making similar assumptions because I was wearing cycling gear (including baggy mountain biker shorts out of modesty).* The fact that I was prepared to challenge pissed-up, fat middle-aged men (I'm one too!) and the sheer f$ck-witted lunacy of their conspiracy theories - and their unreconstructed racism - shows my mettle.

Whether I am a leaver or remainer is not the point. The sheer presence of a lot of openly racist people from groups such as Democratic Football Lads' Alliance and English Defence League, who were equally open in spouting off their despicable and loathing beliefs, is a grave concern. When did British society become so hateful? A country that hasn't done pogroms since the 13th century; a country that allows all religions to practice (in spite of a state religion); a country that is one of the most liberal in the world (and I have lived and worked in a lot of countries - illiberal countries are just not a lot of fun).

*I have a short-term contract in Whitehall and commute part-way on a road bike, in an effort to regain fitness after part of a lung was removed with cancer late last year and recent(ish) heart surgery. When I returned to my station's so-called secure bike park (CCTV, ANPR etc) on Friday afternoon my bike was gone. No doubt taken by a benefit-scrounging pro-leave Romanian pikey.
I could not give one mouldy knob of goatshit whether you were a remainer or a leaver.

I couldn't care less. If you haven't noticed, this thread is not about brexit.

It is however a political thread.

I'm glad that your bike shorts were modest. You've gone part the way there. How ironic.

unnamed.jpg

Arden made a half pie attempt at the same sort of modesty this week. (If she was really fair dinkum - she should have had her clit nicked.)

A political discussion can happen in a number of different ways. It can occur in public protest or nowadays increasingly in an online dispute.

I am happy to dispute you.

You are cut from the same cloth as Arden.

I have more respect for "three middle-aged blokes" that you criticised.

For wearing "berets, each with a solitary GSM (presume NI). One had a green beret with what looked like the Gurkha badge; another with a maroon lid and Para Regt badge, and a third with a sandy-coloured beret."

These are blokes who turned out in public wearing symbols that validate their service to their Nation.

In public.

Wearing symbols that actually established their case for an appeal to 'higher authority' in public

You, as a mere bike pant wearing keyboard warrior, claim an even higher appeal to authority because"(for comparison, last count for me was 9 medals...)"

Online...

See the difference?

**** you. Yours is a classic case of a false appeal to higher authority.

"So many assumptions"

Fuck you and your online assumptions

Your assumptions about those ex-service protesting in public were that they were:

Pissed-up.
f$ck-witted lunatics
Conspiracy theorists
and unreconstructed racists

You ask "When did British society become so hateful?"

You just answered your own question.

When they started to turn on their own kind.

You are an idiot.

Gosh...

Last edited:
Perhaps I don’t want to show off my meat and two veg on the Jubilee line.

Perhaps, too, I don’t want to barrel around Whitehall in OOD uniform bits and pieces and look (and behave) line a sad sack. For that reason I don’t wear my veterans badge; it’s not that I’m ashamed of it; it’s just not relevant to me - or those around me most of the time.

In comparison I’ll be at Hyde Park Corner at the NZ Memorial at Dawn on 25 April, wearing my medals; I don’t do berets.

Perhaps, because of what I’ve done, where I’ve worked and with whom I’ve worked, I have no desire to draw attention to my political beliefs and certainly would not want to associated with drunken, racist fools. But feel free to rant, but I still find it unconscionable that people in the UK would open support the massacre of 50 residents and citizens of New Zealand, and encourage more of the same.

I could not give one mouldy knob of goatshit whether you were a remainer or a leaver.

I couldn't care less. If you haven't noticed, this thread is not about brexit.

It is however a political thread.

I'm glad that your bike shorts were modest. You've gone part the way there. How ironic.

View attachment 385446

Arden made a half pie attempt at the same sort of modesty this week. (If she was really fair dinkum - she should have had her clit nicked.)

A political discussion can happen in a number of different ways. It can occur in public protest or nowadays increasingly in an online dispute.

I am happy to dispute you.

You are cut from the same cloth as Arden.

I have more respect for "three middle-aged blokes" that you criticised.

For wearing "berets, each with a solitary GSM (presume NI). One had a green beret with what looked like the Gurkha badge; another with a maroon lid and Para Regt badge, and a third with a sandy-coloured beret."

These are blokes who turned out in public wearing symbols that validate their service to their Nation.

In public.

Wearing symbols that actually established their case for an appeal to 'higher authority' in public

You, as a mere bike pant wearing keyboard warrior, claim an even higher appeal to authority because"(for comparison, last count for me was 9 medals...)"

Online...

See the difference?

**** you. Yours is a classic case of a false appeal to higher authority.

"So many assumptions"

Fuck you and your online assumptions

Your assumptions about those ex-service protesting in public were that they were:

Pissed-up.
f$ck-witted lunatics
Conspiracy theorists
and unreconstructed racists

You ask "When did British society become so hateful?"

You just answered your own question.

When they started to turn on their own kind.

You are an idiot.

Gosh...
"Chippy" by name...

The question of the Crusaders changing there name is still being discussed, as it is now considered disrespectful. I hope they rename Christchurch as well. Mind you Mohammedsmosque doesn't have the same ring to it but I suppose we'll get used to it.

The question of the Crusaders changing there name is still being discussed, as it is now considered disrespectful. I hope they rename Christchurch as well. Mind you Mohammedsmosque doesn't have the same ring to it but I suppose we'll get used to it.
Nah, sod that.

Instead of Islamabad, it should be Christianabad. Oh wait...

Latest Threads