Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It is in the same vein as that worn by the NZPM. I don't think it does anyone any favours as it sends mixed messages.

She (the NZPM) isn't a Moslem so why does she feel the need to put a headscarf on? It plays into the hands of the XRW. It also trivialises her own genuine grief at the outrage.

Compare this piece of political theatre with the position of many western countries when visiting Saudi Arabia, when it is apparently official policy for visiting women NOT to wear headscarves to make the point that the wearing of such apparel should be a matter of choice.
I may be completely wrong, it has happened before :eek:, but does the NZPM looks as if she is enjoying all the attention this is giving her?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Having trouble uploading a rant, 3 devices and four different browsers and it keeps getting rejected
I may be completely wrong, it has happened before :eek:, but does the NZPM looks as if she is enjoying all the attention this is giving her?

I believe so , typical politico, no morals and milk anything to death, hardy anyone outside of NZ had ever heard of her before Brenton Tarrant went nuts.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I believe so , typical politico, no morals and milk anything to death, hardy anyone outside of NZ had ever heard of her before Brenton Tarrant went nuts.
No there was a fair bit on her in the UK Press before her election, mainly tied to her work here for the Labour Party

Actually, from a personal point of view, no. She got a ton of press in the U.S. as well, quite a lot of my friends who I really don't associate as the world types know about her too. A ton of articles about her on NYT and other outlets.

And of course, it helped that she went on this show.

And she is getting a lot of media attention on plenty of late (and early!) night shows across the board.

chippymick

On ROPS
On ROPs
Where is Mr Gormsby when he's actually needed?

There was an episode yesterday at the KFC at Marsden, Queensland.

A bloke took a knife to one of the young server kids throats. They're calling it a robbery. Possibly it was just a case of poor service. Waiting 30 minutes in a 'fast food' restaurant for a zinger burger can do that.

This was the news.

A staunch Maori bloke waiting in the drive through queue noticed something was wrong when the kids running the KFC show started bailing out the windows.

Went in and laid him out with a left hook.

He was interviewed today and it was epic. Highly entertaining.

"I understood what was going on bro. He was probably hungry. But I was hungry too and he was holding up the queue. That's why I lamped him cuz." (Paraphrased)

Kiwis are tops.

There might be an allegorical tale in there somewhere...

Last edited:
It is in the same vein as that worn by the NZPM. I don't think it does anyone any favours as it sends mixed messages.

She (the NZPM) isn't a Moslem so why does she feel the need to put a headscarf on? It plays into the hands of the XRW. It also trivialises her own genuine grief at the outrage.
To be fair perhaps the NZPM is wearing the headscarf so she doesn't get mistaken for Momo

Actually, from a personal point of view, no. She got a ton of press in the U.S. as well, quite a lot of my friends who I really don't associate as the world types know about her too. A ton of articles about her on NYT and other outlets.

And of course, it helped that she went on this show.

And she is getting a lot of media attention on plenty of late (and early!) night shows across the board.
To me she is vomit inducing ,false and full of shit, cant watch her.

To me she is vomit inducing ,false and full of shit, cant watch her.
Fair enough - personal view - not going to dispute that. But for an American who has had plenty of dealings with Kiwis, she seems to typify that Kiwi friendliness and down to earth thingy.

I've said this before, and I will say it again, Kiwis are one of the friendliest people I usually deal with and have come across.

Fair enough - personal view - not going to dispute that. But for an American who has had plenty of dealings with Kiwis, she seems to typify that Kiwi friendliness and down to earth thingy.

I've said this before, and I will say it again, Kiwis are one of the friendliest people I usually deal with and have come across.
I`ve visted NZ afew times , the people I know there are not leftie snowflake types but I guess they are a minority or else she would not be in power.

I expect the truth lies somewhere in between, but it does add to an apparent sense of complacency and attitude of 'never here, cuz we're too nice' in NZ.

'Weeks before a gunman killed 50 Muslims in Christchurch, a man had threatened to burn copies of the Koran outside New Zealand mosques, in what community leaders said was the latest in a long list of threatening behaviour against religious minorities.

'Police said they warned a 38-year-old man over the incident, which was unrelated to the Christchurch attack, but could not say if it was part of a pattern.

'That’s because, unlike many Western countries including the United Kingdom and the United States, New Zealand’s government keeps no comprehensive record of hate crimes, failing to act on requests to do so from local and international agencies spanning more than a decade.'

Before mosque attacks, New Zealand failed to record hate crimes for years | Reuters

I expect the truth lies somewhere in between, but it does add to an apparent sense of complacency and attitude of 'never here, cuz we're too nice' in NZ.

'Weeks before a gunman killed 50 Muslims in Christchurch, a man had threatened to burn copies of the Koran outside New Zealand mosques, in what community leaders said was the latest in a long list of threatening behaviour against religious minorities.

'Police said they warned a 38-year-old man over the incident, which was unrelated to the Christchurch attack, but could not say if it was part of a pattern.

'That’s because, unlike many Western countries including the United Kingdom and the United States, New Zealand’s government keeps no comprehensive record of hate crimes, failing to act on requests to do so from local and international agencies spanning more than a decade.'

Before mosque attacks, New Zealand failed to record hate crimes for years | Reuters
However, the recording of hate crimes was unlikely to have stopped this attack.

Separately (and I reported on another thread) I was shocked by some of the BREXIT supporters who were in Whitehall/Parliament Square on Friday afternoon. I spoke to some of them (and was immediately labelled a Remainer because I was in cycling gear...but that's another sad story) and tackled one guy who had a Hi-viz vest with "F$CK the Muslims, F$CK the EU, they killed Lee Rigby". I asked the chap - probably about 40 - why he though the EU had killed Fus Rigby. He put it down to migration (which, from outside of the EU, is a national issue) and pointed out he'd met Lee Rigby's mother. He then on, quite politely, that White Genocide was the plan of the elite to control the population of 'England' and Europe, but he wouldn't be drawn on who the elite where. It was like a paradoy. He said he'd seen it on YouTube and one of his mates said 'it's all over facebook. But I bet you don't google it.' He pointed out the barriers on Westminster Bridge were 'Diversity barriers'. I flippantly suggested they should be painted white, and then pointed out barriers like this would not have stopped the attack in Christchurch. Joined by several other beer-swilling mates, they chimed in that the gunman (who shall not be named) was an example of the White Fight. I pointed out that in NZ Muslims (of all denominations) make up about 1% of the population and hardly a threat. The first guy said, 'I hope there's more attacks' so I challenged him and said, quit openly, 'Would you kill Muslim women and children as well?'. 'Yes'. He mates vehemently agreed. I withdrew at this point and pushed my way to Westminster Station where I challenged a late middle-aged couple just near the entrance to Westminster station chanting "Oi, Tommy Tommy" (who was on a stage, I believe) and asked them "Why do you support a convicted criminal?" Their semi-coherent response was "Liar, Remoaner, f$uck off"

I saw three middle-aged blokes in berets, each with a solitary GSM (presume NI). One had a green beret with what looked like the Gurkha badge; another with a maroon lid and Para Regt badge, and a third with a sandy-coloured beret. All were wearing old DPMs. Why they felt the need to do this is beyond me.

The sad thing was there were thousands of people there, clearly of the same, bigoted mindset; sadly there probably is in New Zealand and Australia, as well. And they are being radicalised by social media.

Separately (and I reported on another thread) I was shocked by some of the BREXIT supporters who were in Whitehall/Parliament Square on Friday afternoon. I spoke to some of them (and was immediately labelled a Remainer because I was in cycling gear...but that's another sad story) and tackled one guy who had a Hi-viz vest with "F$CK the Muslims, F$CK the EU, they killed Lee Rigby". I asked the chap - probably about 40 - why he though the EU had killed Fus Rigby. He put it down to migration (which, from outside of the EU, is a national issue) and pointed out he'd met Lee Rigby's mother. He then on, quite politely, that White Genocide was the plan of the elite to control the population of 'England' and Europe, but he wouldn't be drawn on who the elite where. It was like a paradoy. He said he'd seen it on YouTube and one of his mates said 'it's all over facebook. But I bet you don't google it.' He pointed out the barriers on Westminster Bridge were 'Diversity barriers'. I flippantly suggested they should be painted white, and then pointed out barriers like this would not have stopped the attack in Christchurch. Joined by several other beer-swilling mates, they chimed in that the gunman (who shall not be named) was an example of the White Fight. I pointed out that in NZ Muslims (of all denominations) make up about 1% of the population and hardly a threat. The first guy said, 'I hope there's more attacks' so I challenged him and said, quit openly, 'Would you kill Muslim women and children as well?'. 'Yes'. He mates vehemently agreed. I withdrew at this point and pushed my way to Westminster Station where I challenged a late middle-aged couple just near the entrance to Westminster station chanting "Oi, Tommy Tommy" (who was on a stage, I believe) and asked them "Why do you support a convicted criminal?" Their semi-coherent response was "Liar, Remoaner, f$uck off"

I saw three middle-aged blokes in berets, each with a solitary GSM (presume NI). One had a green beret with what looked like the Gurkha badge; another with a maroon lid and Para Regt badge, and a third with a sandy-coloured beret. All were wearing old DPMs. Why they felt the need to do this is beyond me.

The sad thing was there were thousands of people there, clearly of the same, bigoted mindset; sadly there probably is in New Zealand and Australia, as well. And they are being radicalised by social media.
But as a lycra-wearing cockroach, intellectual snob, lefty-snowflake Remoaner, you're just trying to smear the true patriots who care so much for the return to the halcyon days of Empire when the streets were paved with gold and beer flowed freely from the taps in every house.;)

chippymick

On ROPS
On ROPs

Maybe the old and bold were out and about with their ribbons and their lids, not because they have been radicalised by social media.
Perhaps they were protesting against social media and the laws in the UK that pertain to it?

"A total of 2,500 Londoners have been arrested over the past five years for allegedly sending “offensive” messages via social media. In 2015, 857 people were detained, up 37 per cent increase since 2010."

I don't know their motivations for attending that protest wearing symbols that validate their service to their Nation any more than you might. If I am allowed to speculate on those motives in the same way that you just done.

Maybe they were protesting the facts that:

When it comes to radicalisation at least two members of that Christchurch Mosque were radicalised there and killed by Drone strikes. Perhaps they were protesting the fact that this has been under-reported in UK media?

Perhaps they might have been members of the Jewish faith and objected to the speech made at that mosque this week that blamed the attack on the Mossad?

Perhaps they might not have been Jewish and just objected to the fact that that mosque speech this week has been under-reported in the UK?

Maybe they were merely protesting the fact that the principle of 'free speech' in the UK has been seriously degraded since they took the Queens shilling to defend that very principle?

Maybe they thought that Tommy Robinson has been stitched up and that Kevin Crehan was a martyr?

Thanks.

I enjoyed your speculation.

If I was a resident of the UK I would most certainly locked up for mine.

Compare this piece of political theatre with the position of many western countries when visiting Saudi Arabia, when it is apparently official policy for visiting women NOT to wear headscarves to make the point that the wearing of such apparel should be a matter of choice.
Pandering to mass-welfare recipients. Wonder what the dress will be when an adherent of Jediism gets brassed up.

Latest Threads