Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

I live in New Zealand. I don't know if my career in the British Forces hardened me of made me callous, but the amount of bleeding hearts and gushing sympathy is beginning to piss me off here. More than once I've had to turn off the TV or change the radio station. Newscasters openly telling us their feelings, facebook pages with people offering to take Muslims shopping in case they feel 'scared', candlelit vigils and impromptu Haka's by every man and his dog. It seems like everyone wants to get on the outrage/sympathy bandwagon now, there's even reports that famous people who are not mewling and puking on social media here are inherent racists. While I agree the event was absolutely abhorrent, it does feel to me it's being milked to death. Apologies if I have offended anyone.
Well said.
My thoughts entirely, even though I personally are stunned, gutted and more than pissed off that it has happened here, all this weeping and wailing on the 'social media' is getting right up my nose.
It just appears to me that a lot of people are after their 5 mins of fame, so to speak.
As far as the 'haka' that I saw performed by the black power yesterday, well I only counted about 6 doing it and if the truth be told they would stab you in the back as quick as look at you if it was to their advantage.

I live in New Zealand. I don't know if my career in the British Forces hardened me of made me callous, but the amount of bleeding hearts and gushing sympathy is beginning to piss me off here. More than once I've had to turn off the TV or change the radio station. Newscasters openly telling us their feelings, facebook pages with people offering to take Muslims shopping in case they feel 'scared', candlelit vigils and impromptu Haka's by every man and his dog. It seems like everyone wants to get on the outrage/sympathy bandwagon now, there's even reports that famous people who are not mewling and puking on social media here are inherent racists. While I agree the event was absolutely abhorrent, it does feel to me it's being milked to death. Apologies if I have offended anyone.

Looks like New Zealand is having their Diana moment. Sadly there will be no recovery and it will only get worse with people falling over themselves to be the most sympathetic or first to leave flowers / teddy bears. Or in NZ's case arrange a Haka at a moments notice. Sad that a once impressive, thoughtful and stunning act has now been hijacked for mawkishness and youtube hits.

Did I read that the Paedofinder General Tom Watson is proposing that when mass murder incidents kick off, Social Media should shut down to prevent the perps using the platforms to provide a running commentary?

One of the good things -the only good thing - about Faceache etc is the capability for police and public to send warnings and reassurance messages. First I knew of the Christchurch shooting was a ‘safe’ message from a friend. ‘Why wouldn’t you be?’ thinks I........oh!

Looks like New Zealand is having their Diana moment. Sadly there will be no recovery and it will only get worse with people falling over themselves to be the most sympathetic or first to leave flowers / teddy bears. Or in NZ's case arrange a Haka at a moments notice. Sad that a once impressive, thoughtful and stunning act has now been hijacked for mawkishness and youtube hits.
Nah, this is more like their Port Arthur moment.

And that NRA guy definitely reminds me of @LJONESY ..sorry mate! ;)

That's ok, considering it is coming down from an Unemployed drunk!!;) Who can't sort his personal affairs out or figure out which way is up on a bright sunny day!!

Seriously bud, figure out which society you belong to.
Unemployed? Yes. Drunk? No. Wish I was - will make things temporarily better.

And which society? A civilized, decent and humane one!

I was going to post about the Diana moment, but Skunkmeister beat me to it.
I've posted this before, but it is still apt.
GMF:
the depth was plumbed at the time of Princess Diana’s death, when part of the nation went collectively mad, and sections of the press behaved disgracefully. I’m sure I am in a minority here, but I was appalled at the near-hysterical reaction of the crowds who strewed their floral tributes and metaphorically speaking beat their breasts in a display of lower-deck emotion which was as distasteful as it was exaggerated.
I wondered at the time, what had happened to the moral fibre of the island race—the stiff upper lip, if you like—to make them behave like professional mourners howling for hire. The Prime Minister was proud. I was ashamed.

Did I read that the Paedofinder General Tom Watson is proposing that when mass murder incidents kick off, Social Media should shut down to prevent the perps using the platforms to provide a running commentary?
Yeah, I wish him good luck with that.

Another digitaly illiterate politician.

I do like how they hate encryption, until they are all in their WhatsApp groups conspiring.

(By the way, I would switch to Wickr or Telegram - so much more secure).

As far as the 'haka' that I saw performed by the black power yesterday, well I only counted about 6 doing it and if the truth be told they would stab you in the back as quick as look at you if it was to their advantage.
Black Power? Lovely lads, love their mums. Glad they could clear their busy schedule of dealing crystal meth to schoolkids and stabbing people up for looking at them sideways.

Like the Islamic Fundies, the White Nationalists have long been residents on the net, since very early on, they have a very, very slick dissemination and recruitment network, aided by the failures of Social Media to police themselves properly (seriously SM goes mental over possible nudity, but screaming and threatening that your are gonna kill Jews/Muslims/Insert Minority of Choice then crack on)

There has been a long term strategy to make the Extreme Right more paltable, see Richard Spencer, InfoWars, "The Market Place of Ideas" etc, and the internt has been fantastic in spreading that globally.
When you get articles with headlines like this on slate.com a site that tries to bill itself as "serious", it does help explain why there's a growth in unpalatable people responding in kind.
D2BG82MW0AEXK0E.jpg

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
When you get articles with headlines like this on slate.com a site that tries to bill itself as "serious", it does help explain why there's a growth in unpalatable people responding in kind.
View attachment 383234
That's just fecking dumb, as bad as those cretins who blame all Muslims.

Latest Threads