Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

That's a simplistic way of looking at the problem. Evidently there's something pathologically wrong with society in general, given the increase in the number of alienated, and frustrated, young men and women being drawn to extreme positions and becoming radicalised to the extent of murdering people.
They're alienated, frustrated and the support structures (family community, etc.) no longer exist to reign these people in.

too many rats in a cage and they will start to eat each other. and its a small world now.

That's a simplistic way of looking at the problem. Evidently there's something pathologically wrong with society in general, given the increase in the number of alienated, and frustrated, young men and women being drawn to extreme positions and becoming radicalised to the extent of murdering people.
They're alienated, frustrated and the support structures (family community, etc.) no longer exist to reign these people in.
Society has many problems - however history has demonstrated some people are just C**** I suspect these Men fall into the latter group

On a serious note, and the one irrefutable fact in the chap's 'manifesto', demographic changes are going to re-shape countries in a major way. Some people feel strongly about that and, at the extremes, some will act. Even if familial bonds, social bonds, etc are in place, such views will exist (in all communities). There is now racial/faith-based terror from both Whites and Muslims, and you could argue that familial/social bonds are strong in the latter community.

Society has many problems - however history has demonstrated some people are just C**** I suspect these Men fall into the latter group
Society used to have a way of dealing with the potentially delusional and radicalised before they went off the deep end (Columbine shooters excepted). Now it doesn't.

On a serious note, and the one irrefutable fact in the chap's 'manifesto', demographic changes are going to re-shape countries in a major way. Some people feel strongly about that and, at the extremes, some will act. Even if familial bonds, social bonds, etc are in place, such views will exist (in all communities). There is now racial/faith-based terror from both Whites and Muslims, and you could argue that familial/social bonds are strong in the latter community.
Agreed. And there is no getting around that. If you look at the 'lone wolf' attacks, it's usually revealed, after the fact, that there were prominent signs of mental illness and radicalisation, yet someone along the line decided not to do a damn thing to intervene.

Society used to have a way of dealing with the potentially delusional and radicalised before they went off the deep end (Columbine shooters excepted). Now it doesn't.
Were at cross purposes

I agree with your point about people going off the deep end and society failing

However - Its a hell of an assumption that these people have gone off the deep end and aren't just nasty little racists seeking Martyrdom - much like the Muslim terrorists.

I suspect the latter

Edit Were not your

Last edited:
Christchurch mosque shooter practised with semi-automatic weapons before: expert

The former police officer believed the shooter was amateurish in the way he moved around the mosque. If the shooter had been more experienced there would have been more casualties.

"It doesn't help those poor people that may have been killed," he says.

He believed people had become too desensitised to gun violence through the games and shootings from overseas.

"He's done it from watching movies and shit. Even the way he's dressed, his fingerless gloves, the way he moves.

"The way he's using his rifle. He's someone who's obviously got a fascination with that type of thing. He may possibly have had some military training, but not with those weapons because the way he's handling it isn't very good."

I’ve related the story before but in Auckland in the mid 1980s I was really getting into my shooting, principally 303 rifles. I answered an ad for 303 ammunition for sale and visited the house over in Ponsonby, in Auckland. The guy was selling tubs of military Mk VII ammunition which I was interested in-because it was cheap. We chatted for a while and then he showed me into another room, full of Nazi regalia, including photographs of him in an SS uniform. Very very creepy - along with targets with crude characters of black people. Not surprisingly a couple of months later he was arrested along with several others, on a range of firearms offences. They were also linked with a paedophile ring, which involved one or two cadet force officers as well. One of those arrested was subsequently released, and has a very successful militaria business in Auckland. But a very dodgy character.

One club I used to shoot at, I left after a couple of months because of some of the characters there. They would turn up on the range days in full DPM, and express extremely racist attitudes and would put up figure targets on the butts. Now that may be alright for military shooting, but there is no place for that on a civilian range.

No I’m not saying those people would go out and have killed other people, but it was a very unhealthy environment for young people to be associated with. These days, of course, it is magnified by the Internet and access to reprehensible material on social media.

Roti

On ROPS
On ROPs
Don't watch the video. For your own sake. Jeez. I got about 20s in (thought it would stop before he began shooting as the video was on Twitter and most are being pulled or are him getting out of his car) and that was too much. I won't re-watch to verify but he got through about 30 rounds in the first ten seconds. Many dead (video resolution poor, thank God) in 20s and video was two minutes long so many more dead likely imo. He was listening to, or streaming in the background of his video, 'The British Grenadiers' as he attacked. Before that, he was playing a Serbian nationalist song. Jesus.
You omitted to mention your sudden onset of PTSD.

You omitted to mention your sudden onset of PTSD.
When it started, I thought about continuing watching. I could have stuck it but, being honest, was disturbed immediately at recognising that part of me wanted to see it. Just a personal view but it is a hard thing to watch and not be affected by, for various reasons.

Last edited:
Watching the live film of him he is not even bothered, pretty calm, doesn’t rush off, goes back into the mosque 3 times, it’s bloody surreal.

No police response for almost 10 minutes whilst he is seemingly shooting random people on his way to the next mosque.

Looks like there was no back door out of the mosque and if any survived the first attack, they played dead, he made sure they were dead in the second and third.

Unsure why his firebombs didn’t work, hopefully that saved some people.

This is crazy!

Don't watch the video. For your own sake. Jeez. I got about 20s in (thought it would stop before he began shooting as the video was on Twitter and most are being pulled or are him getting out of his car) and that was too much. I won't re-watch to verify but he got through about 30 rounds in the first ten seconds. Many dead (video resolution poor, thank God) in 20s and video was two minutes long so many more dead likely imo. He was listening to, or streaming in the background of his video, 'The British Grenadiers' as he attacked. Before that, he was playing a Serbian nationalist song. Jesus.
I’ve saved it for future posterity, you are a bit soft lad.

FFS it’s not big or clever but if you want to live in a nanny state that tells you what you can and cannot see carry on, personally after seeing that I don’t need to be spoon fed BS by anyone.

Latest Threads