Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

*deleted manifesto

we all know its bullshit. as many have pointed out theres no need to propagate the drivel.

Last edited:
Experts warned for some time terrorism event was likely to happen
Massey University Centre for Defence and Security Studies counter-terrorism Dr John Battersby said a group of experts had been warning for some time that a terrorism event was likely to happen in New Zealand.

"He appears to be a right-wing extremist, he's quite clearly targeted a mosque, he's done an awful amount of damage and he's killed an awful amount of people.

"For a long time we've assumed that this extremism is not here, but it is.

"We need to be asking - how has somebody like this armed himself as well as he has? The nature of the automatic weapons he has used, he has live-streamed this and it is horrific."

New Zealand's firearm legislation was not strict enough, with easy access and illegal firearms a real problem. There is no way the shooter should have been able to amass so many of these weapons, Battersby said. "This is also something we have warned about."

However, an individual acting alone was always difficult to prevent, he said. ""When you're dealing with an organisation with a logistical and planning footprint, that's easier to track down."

Distance did not protect this country from the rise of global extremism, he said.

"The internet is causing this, the echo chambers of the internet where people with extremist views can get together and listen to each other and encourage each other."

The general flourishing of the right in Europe, and Donald Trump and the alt-right in America also contributed, he said.

From the NZ Herald

• One gunman, believed to be Australian, filmed as he shot victims in the mosque - and wrote a manifesto declaring his intentions.

He states he originally wanted to attack the mosque in Dunedin.

....thats right beside my place ffs.

One of the magazines has 'for Rotherham' written on it (presumably a reference to the grooming scandal); the name of the man responsible for the Quebec mosque shooting and and Italian extremist who wounded several migrants in a shooting last year.

Another has the name of the man who led the fleet which defeated the Turks at the battle of Lepanto and references the defeat of the Turks at Shipka Pass in the 1870s.

One of the other admirals at Lepanto is named on his belt kit/webbing (not quite clear what the item is), and another magazine has reference to the crusader Gaston of Bearn.

I just read that, and it made my head hurt. What the hell's a "kebab removalist"?
I fear it's an attempt at a joke - kebab vans being run by immigrants, while he sets about removing them... He should be force fed the things (from the least hygienic van in NZ) for every meal he eats between now and the end of his miserable existence.

Some of it is referring to noted fighters against Islam in the past, one of them being referred to is Charles Martel - as l recall he was a French warrior back in the day. Absent from my PC l can't go Google much more than that. Other stuff is about battles between Christianity and Islam in the past.

I think that the scrote is trying to put himself in the same sort of historical context as his heroes, but is also coming across as a nut. Stand by for a "mental health" defence at trial.
Took me a short while to figure that out. Yeah, this guy comes off as a bit deranged. You wouldn't catch me defacing my my rifles and mags in that manner.

One of the magazines has 'for Rotherham' written on it (presumably a reference to the grooming scandal); the name of the man responsible for the Quebec mosque shooting and and Italian extremist who wounded several migrants in a shooting last year.

Another has the name of the man who led the fleet which defeated the Turks at the battle of Lepanto and references the defeat of the Turks at Shipka Pass in the 1870s.

One of the other admirals at Lepanto is named on his belt kit/webbing (not quite clear what the item is), and another magazine has reference to the crusader Gaston of Bearn.

I fear it's an attempt at a joke - kebab vans being run by immigrants, while he sets about removing them... He should be force fed the things (from the least hygienic van in NZ) for every meal he eats between now and the end of his miserable existence.
He's coming across as having a lot in common with that Anders Britvic guy - manifesto, self-identification with crusaders, paramilitary setup, etc.

Allegedly one of the tracks he was listening to en route was the British Grenadier's March....

Gen.

All traces of the vid have been zapped for the moment so will need to confirm.

Kebab removalists is a joke but it is more of an in-joke. It refers to a meme/long series of web cartoons called "Polandball", where the phrase "remove kebab" is used particularly by the ball representing Serbia to indicate exiling/murdering Muslims, particularly Bosniaks.

Polandball - Wikipedia - for a general outline

Remove Kebab: The Movie | Polandball | Know Your Meme - for a representative example of remove kebab.

Don't watch the video. For your own sake. Jeez. I got about 20s in (thought it would stop before he began shooting as the video was on Twitter and most are being pulled or are him getting out of his car) and that was too much. I won't re-watch to verify but he got through about 30 rounds in the first ten seconds. Many dead (video resolution poor, thank God) in 20s and video was two minutes long so many more dead likely imo. He was listening to, or streaming in the background of his video, 'The British Grenadiers' as he attacked. Before that, he was playing a Serbian nationalist song. Jesus.

Live: Massacre at the mosques - gunmen kill multiple people, Christchurch under siege

Second shooting at mosque in Linwood

A second shooting happened at a mosque in the Linwood area of the city.

One Friday prayer goer returned fire with a rifle or shotgun.

Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots around 1.45pm.

A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.

He was heard telling police officers he was firing in "self defence".

"They were in a silver Subaru," he told police.

Looks a different bloke, and venue, compared to other arrest location (Tarrant's car was rammed by police next to suburban housing).
Tarrent was in black kit, this is another one.

I would be interested to know why a local Muslim was walking around with a firearm.
Yeah, that did strike me as odd, given New Zealand's gun laws. Probably more to follow on that one once this situation's been ended.

Latest Threads