Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

Do you honestly believe that a person who is considering an attack somewhere will register a credit card or be deterred with a possible fine?
If the about to become attacker even remotely got an attack of the guilts beforehand and thought gosh I can't break the law I had better register this credit card, there would be every likelihood that it would be stolen or fake, or he could just think **** it they are either going to kill me or send me to jail, so I won't bother.
You've misunderstood what I was suggesting. I was suggesting livestreams have a publicly accessable killswitch on them for use if criminal acts are being streamed. So if you register your card details you can push it and it kills the live feed other than to the Police. If you press it on Marys 100m in the school sports day, you get fined. Tech solutions may work but utilising the power of the public might be easier and more accurate.

Well bed of the truck. You know to add weight to the vehicle and sand to help dig one or others out of the snow. But then I forget you folks don't have those concerns.
My family is in Russia. We have been known to have a little snow occasionally.

This country has amongst the tightest gun control in the world.

All of these people were murdered in London last year-
London killings: All the victims of 2018

I am much of the opinion that the Christchurch video should remain publically available, but it should include a profile of every victim
The video is not a scene from a video game. Anybody on the planet with a mind to look has already seen it. Perhaps it should now be used to humanise the victims?
Perhaps in the context of the last 18 years since Sept 11 2001 it should be shown to indicate we have a problem in western countries, and it isn't the fault of the 'little people'.

You choose to apply the human factor to this attack - Greater Manchester Police have cctv from the Ariana Grande concert bombing which they have never released ... perhaps they should - after all we were assured he was a lone wolf, and not a 'real muslim'

With the last point in mind perhaps you could outline what a 'real' muslim believes.

I am still none the wiser - despite being branded an islamophobe for daring to ask that.

Mass shootings in the U.S. by state 1982-2018 | Statistic

Why do I have a shovel in the back of my vehicle, and sand bags in the bed? Why do I have a first aid kit? Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
What point are you trying to make?
Driving a vehicle anywhere adds to the rush of a collision or accident so a first aid kit makes sense.

Here's the thing, this is a British based site, your rationale and conditioning around firearms is as alien to me as the Russian trolls acceptance of the Russian state having access to their emails.

I did try to find stats for my area for people murdered with firearms but couldn't find any, it seems the police don't bother as it's not worth it.

While there are far fewer firearms where I am, at around 21,000, and only 1,800,000 in the whole of the UK the numbers of firearm killings* (20-50 per year for the whole UK) don't support your idea that more guns keeps the number of deaths down.

I'd be interested to hear how many deaths are in your immediate area or state compared to the whole of the UK.

For my own area with a population of just over half a million I simply can't find a single murder with a firearm.

*includes suicides.

Feel free to post any info you feel would show that areas in America with high gun ownership make them safer than than areas with no or little gun ownership.

* why would you want to carry a weapon as often as you personally do it where you lived was safe?
As of July 2016, White Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, comprising an estimated 12.7% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans are the largest ethnic minority, comprising an estimated 17.8% of the population

Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia

“It’s important to note that black men commit nearly half of all murders in this country, which is astounding when you take into consideration the fact that they only make up 12-13 per cent of the population.” NOTE half of that 12 / 13 per cent are black women. consequently 6 per cent of the population commit
half the murders.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-

Sounds like an excellent reason to carry.

As an aside how many of that 6 per cent do you think would hand in their guns in the event the law required it ?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Perhaps in the context of the last 18 years since Sept 11 2001 it should be shown to indicate we have a problem in western countries, and it isn't the fault of the 'little people'.

You choose to apply the human factor to this attack - Greater Manchester Police have cctv from the Ariana Grande concert bombing which they have never released ... perhaps they should - after all we were assured he was a lone wolf, and not a 'real muslim'

With the last point in mind perhaps you could outline what a 'real' muslim believes.

I am still none the wiser - despite being branded an islamophobe for daring to ask that.
Oh good another CT joins us

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
WTF

English please.

Would all you fuckwits talk in English please

Im Welsh and I have difficulty. Let me put it clearly.

TYPE SO WE CAN UNDERSTAND YOU.

sorry for all caps
Loyalists as opposed to Unionists would usually be the ones shooting the place up.
The last lot who shot up a church service would have been the INLA/CRF.

Not unionist and certainly not loyalist.
And I'm sorry you're stupid, life's tough enough. (And if you were that Welsh you'd be requesting that we all typed in cymreag.)

As of July 2016, White Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, comprising an estimated 12.7% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans are the largest ethnic minority, comprising an estimated 17.8% of the population

Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia

“It’s important to note that black men commit nearly half of all murders in this country, which is astounding when you take into consideration the fact that they only make up 12-13 per cent of the population.” NOTE half of that 12 / 13 per cent are black women. consequently 6 per cent of the population commit
half the murders

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-
You could always try making a point that relates to the post you quote!

It's a novel idea, but makes more sense than posting random facts with no relation to the quoted text.

• 49 confirmed dead in terrorist shootings at two Christchurch mosques
• 41 killed at mosque near Hagley Park, seven at Linwood, and one died in hospital
• 90 people were hospitalised with a range of injuries, including a critically hurt 4-year-old boy flown to Starship

Your moral stance on this attack is, to me, at odds with your decision to use an avatar comprising the face of Adoph Hitler and Anne Frank.

Did you choose that out of sense of irony ?

Surveys have shown a considerable number of moslems are keen to repeat the trope The Holocaust is a fiction ... the six million deaths is a myth, etc . There are no shortage of moslems who express open hostility to any jews, who claiim to want sharia law implemented in the country in which they reside even when they have been admitted as refugees.

Furthermore I am sick and tired of hearing how every time a moslem launches an attack with a car, knives, a gun or a bomb is a ' lone wolf' (ie we must reinforce the view that they're not all like that) or that they are mentally ill, since that distinguishes them from sane, stone cold killers in full control of their actions.

The perpetrator of this attack was announced by the police as mentally ill before he was even apprehended.

2016 Russell Square stabbing - Wikipedia

No professional could or would ever issue such a decision before even interviewing the individual.

What about Nice, Paris, Manchester, Munich, Stockholm ?

Converserly such excuses are never proferred by the authorities when moslems are the victiims. It must be islamophobia.

Western countries have accepted millions of moslems as legitimate migrants, students, or refugees from oppressive regimes. WE are not the problem.
You said: 1) "The perpetrator of this attack was announced by the police as mentally ill before he was even apprehended".

2) "Converserly such excuses are never proferred by the authorities when moslems are the victiims. It must be islamophobia".

Can you see how ridiculous you sound?

Latest Threads