Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

I am still waiting to hear an explanation on how you know this and jumped to the conclusions that you have.
Personal experience perhaps, or some other reason?
Could you possibly be fabricating?

I have never been to Australia or New Zealand but I have a brother in Australia
He worked in prisons in Australia for a long time (at a relatively senior level), the most he would ever say on the subject was that there were a lot of black men in prison who wouldn't have been imprisoned if they were white.

I have never been to Australia or New Zealand but I have a brother in Australia
He worked in prisons in Australia for a long time (at a relatively senior level), the most he would ever say on the subject was that there were a lot of black men in prison who wouldn't have been imprisoned if they were white.
I suppose that whatever law they transgressed that they would not have done so, if they were white?
The last time I looked, in most countries with a reasonable government and judicial system there was no differentiation between any skin colour on laws passed.

Oh the “real world”, which varies from location to location. I can say that we have not had an event like this incident here, and we have all the guns. Perhaps having the ability to realistically defend oneself has some correlation to that?
While I understand many Americans love to carry weapons because they live in a country where they think they might need them* it's very telling that you not only say you 'carry' as often as possible, but point out that there hasn't been a mass shooting where you live. I wouldn't say there haven't been mass shootings in the area I live in because that would be a stupid thing to say as it's bloody obvious, but then I'm in the UK.
Feel free to post any info you feel would show that areas in America with high gun ownership make them safer than than areas with no or little gun ownership.

* why would you want to carry a weapon as often as you personally do it where you lived was safe?

Law the same, application not.
That is a moot point.
Personally, I neither know, nor do I make assumptions on what other countries laws are, or indeed how they are applied on what someones brother/uncle/cousin etc state.
What I do know is that in NZ, the judiciary does their best to lean over backwards and not send the natives or any person to prison, if it can be avoided.
There are some pretty vicious crimes committed by people of all races when prison cannot be avoided.

While I understand many Americans love to carry weapons because they live in a country where they think they might need them* it's very telling that you not only say you 'carry' as often as possible, but point out that there hasn't been a mass shooting where you live. I wouldn't say there haven't been mass shootings in the area I live in because that would be a stupid thing to say as it's bloody obvious, but then I'm in the UK.
Feel free to post any info you feel would show that areas in America with high gun ownership make them safer than than areas with no or little gun ownership.

* why would you want to carry a weapon as often as you personally do it where you lived was safe?

Mass shootings in the U.S. by state 1982-2018 | Statistic

Why do I have a shovel in the back of my vehicle, and sand bags in the bed? Why do I have a first aid kit? Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

If this does become a 'thing' which sadly its likely to do I guess the optimal approach is either a tech or human solution to flagging ongoing criminal acts (kind of register your credit card, £200 penalty for improper use kill switch that users could activate) which then keeps the feed open to responders but blocks it publically. Knowing exactly where the perp is located and what they can see in real time would help in many urban situations if you're directing the ARV crews.

If this does become a 'thing' which sadly its likely to do I guess the optimal approach is either a tech or human solution to flagging ongoing criminal acts (kind of register your credit card, £200 penalty for improper use kill switch that users could activate) which then keeps the feed open to responders but blocks it publically. Knowing exactly where the perp is located and what they can see in real time would help in many urban situations if you're directing the ARV crews.
The words are all there, the meaning is so far unknown.

Sorry should have clarified i meant live streaming attacks becomes a thing not shooting up mosques.
Do you honestly believe that a person who is considering an attack somewhere will register a credit card or be deterred with a possible fine?
If the about to become attacker even remotely got an attack of the guilts beforehand and thought gosh I can't break the law I had better register this credit card, there would be every likelihood that it would be stolen or fake, or he could just think **** it they are either going to kill me or send me to jail, so I won't bother.

Mass shootings in the U.S. by state 1982-2018 | Statistic

Why do I have a shovel in the back of my vehicle, and sand bags in the bed? Why do I have a first aid kit? Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
I wonder how many deaths are attributed to sand bags and shovells anually in the US? First aid kits are almost always used to save lives not take them (stand fast Harold Shipman)

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder how many deaths are attributed to sand bags and shovells anually in the US? First aid kits are almost always used to save lives not take them (stand fast Harold Shipman)
They are all just tools, that the wise keep handy in case you need them. You never know what kinda of situation you might find yourself involved in.

Latest Threads