Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch NZ

It has been announced that there was a warning placed on facebook about this.
Apparently by a white supremacist who has been named.
There is an active cell of skinhead/whiteys etc in that part of the country.

there are dozens dead.

the gunman had several wpns, all were covered in writing, including his mags, looks like bible verses.
It appears that he posted something on Twitter over the course of the last few days - photos of an AR-15 platform and multiple magazines with white writing over it; a manifesto (the link to which appears to have malware) and a statement about carrying out 'an attack against the invaders' which he would livestream.

RNZ has a guy on now saying that the 2nd mosque was attacked by a man with a shotgun, although the witness was (understandably) taking cover. The radio is reporting several sites which have been locked down or entered by police, and it appears that some of these may have been reported as locations where shooting has taken place.

the cops have just reported his name as Brendon Tarrant.

*edited to post correct name.

Last edited:
Police Commissioner says that there are multiple fatalities at two mosques and one man in custody; he is unsure whether there is a second gunman at large or whether there have been any more shootings - they're only aware of the two mosques. He is also urging mosques throughout NZ to remain closed until the police confirm that they've brought the incident to an end.

Suspected IED in what sounds very much like the vehicle the gunman was reported to be driving.

NZ Police tweets from a few moments ago (condensed into quote)

Police is responding to a very serious and tragic incident involving an active shooter in central Christchurch. One person is in custody, however Police believe there may be other offenders.... This is an evolving incident and we are working to confirm the facts... however we can confirm there have been a number of fatalities. Police is currently at a number of scenes. We understand that there will be many anxious people but I can assure New Zealanders that Police is doing all it can to resolve this incident.​
We urge New Zealanders to stay vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour immediately to 111. We are mobilising resources nationally and support is being brought into the District. We are still working to resolve this incident and we continue to urge Christchurch......residents to stay inside. We ask all mosques nationally to shut their doors, and advise that people refrain from visiting these premises until further notice.​
Update from the police in an hour.

PM Arden is briefing and says that there are 'multiple scenes'.

From various reports, this is obviously fact.
How bad it will turn out to be, remains to be seen.
For this to happen in NZ leaves me stunned to be frank.
I spent a fair bit of time in NZ although it was nearly 30 years ago I did find that there was a significant racist undertone particularly on the South Island with places like Cromwell, Alexander, Timaru and Omaru all having quite active White Power gangs at the time.

I spent a fair bit of time in NZ although it was nearly 30 years ago I did find that there was a significant racist undertone particularly on the South Island with places like Cromwell, Alexander, Timaru and Omaru all having quite active White Power gangs at the time.
they still do, its always been a fuckin serious issue here.

Brenton Tarrant

BTW, what's with all the writing on the firearm? It looks like totally random shite to me.
Some of it is referring to noted fighters against Islam in the past, one of them being referred to is Charles Martel - as l recall he was a French warrior back in the day. Absent from my PC l can't go Google much more than that. Other stuff is about battles between Christianity and Islam in the past.

I think that the scrote is trying to put himself in the same sort of historical context as his heroes, but is also coming across as a nut. Stand by for a "mental health" defence at trial.

he was listening to eastern European music whilst in the car driving to the mosque.

I have no idea what particular language it was.

Looking more closely at that array of magazines, is that a P-mag or similar (plus an extended magazine) with the reference to Charles Martel on it? That'd have given him, what, 50-60 rounds before a reload was required? Jeez...

Martel was the king of the Franks, defeating an Islamic invading force at the battle of Tours in 730-something AD, thus presumably one of this loon's great heroes.

Latest Threads