Shoot to Kill

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by GeneralMalaise, Jul 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lots of rantings in the Sunday papers about Shoot to Kill.

My question:

For what other reason?

2. Shoot to Offend

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think it was a past GOC NI who said "we don't shoot to seriously upset" !!

Lazy reporting methinks.

4. If plain clothes old bill were shooting at me I'd find it highly offensive!

5. Shoots of recovery (green)

6. How about 'Shoot to Defend' or 'Shoot to Survive'?

7. Shoot to impregnate?

8. It serves the idiot right for not stopping when the police told him to. Unless he's another one of the thousands in this country scrounging and makes no effort to learn the lanuage, culture etc.

9. It's been quoted in the news (not that that really means anything) that he was living and working here in the UK for three years and Spoke perfect English. So what excuse did he have for not stopping when challenged? Guilt? Panic? Stupidity? We may never know, but you can't blame the officer who was making the decision at the time..... the IPCC will be doing that and he'll have to live with his actions for the rest of his days.

10. Pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

11. when you hear "POLICE STOP OR I SHOOT" 3 guesses what will happen if you run away like a madman down a tube system that has already had suicide attacks this month!

12. Is this shooting from the hip?

13. I think the idea is to kill him before he can activate a detonator. I believe he spoke the language but chose to leg it and paid the price.

14. I will be the first to admit my spelling can be crap however I can speak and understand English very well. If he understood English the guy should have stopped. Must have had something to hide if he just ran. Hopefully this will send a message out to all the would be bombers saying that if they get pinged they will end up with several 9mm injections!

15. Why was he shot 5 times tho? At close range one or two would of done the trick?