Shoot straight you bastards.......

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by filthyphil, Oct 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shitting hell. That's certainly one way to make sure the job gets done.
  2. I thought what's ol' filthy up to, trying to resurect a Pardon for 'Breaker' Morant. Well wasn't I totally off the mark. Don't **** with Mortar Platoon.
  3. Cheaper than firing them into space. Although they didn't get that right either
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I do hope that the Stalinist tradition of sending the bereved family a bill for the cost of the ammunition was followed.
    No sympathy for the old twunt he'd probably sent thousands to the wall or to 're-education' camps.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Terry wouldn't like it either, would getting blown up without taking kuffar with you qualify you for the grapes?? shotfromcannons.jpg
    I am a bit hazy on the theology.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ah, those were the days!
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Delete those photos before we have their bloody descendants suing the MoD for historic beastliness. I don't know about you chaps but I am feeling somewhat pinched in the wallet department of late.
  8. Good to see you using a quote from an Aussie movie "Shoot straight you bastards....... " about 'Breaker Morant' an Aussie/brit military man, executed by the Brits during Boer war. Elements in Australia still trying to clear his name.
  9. bit ******* messy to clean up, no?
  10. "…The artillerymen had neglected putting up back-boards to their guns, so that, horrible to relate, at each discharge the recoil threw back pieces of burning flesh, bespattering the men and covering them with blood and calcined remains.…" » 1857: Twelve blown from cannons in British Punjab
  11. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

I believe that the Honourable East India Company were the rulers of that part of teh World at that time, and those British Regiments that were employed there were actually contracted to them (although without the attractive TACOS that their own European Regiments had), so the MOD shouldn't be liable for this aprticular form of execution, which was a traditional Indian form of execution IIRC, which was borrowed for it's effect on the locals.
  12. "Yes this is the new first class way to Britain. Someone at the other end will be waiting to catch you. Your family will be along soon"
    • Like Like x 2