Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by polar, May 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think they should be black anyone marching around blandford with the wrong colour should be shot.

p.s. my socks are black
  2. Also make sure they are not twisted, My first OC used to say this on parade:

"Twisted Laces, Twisted mind. Show Parade for this one Sergeant Major!!" :roll:
  3. i cant believe anyone would wear any other colour, but i suppose field boots with green paracord laces smothered in polish wont hurt anyone
  4. I cant belive you didnt realise he was taking the piss, he even said so. :lol:
    And covering your paracord laces in polish not hurting anyone, who you kidding. Overdo the polish and you could easily lose grip when tightening and hit your hand off a table or chair and this could lead to permanent downgrading.
  5. And don't get me started on boots with zips :D
  6. definately the least tactical :wink:
    handy when your hung over though and your hands and brain have intermittent comms :?
  7. come on, that's a bit severe isn't it?
    crucify 'em instead. crucifixion's a doddle.

8. and very green, plant a wood on the hockey pitch making it self sustaining, using the crucified upgraders as compost .... I like it

also the lack of parking because of the hockey pitch forest, makes more whinging upgraders.... and more compost :D :D :D
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ahhhh! Laces - leather, ammo boots for the use of!

They came (steady) as a pair entwined, quite erotic, devoid of polish, a bit chunky. You were then 'invited' to iron them flat then bull them until they shone - it is possible but a disappearing skill. Once they were shining, glistening and spotlessly flat, they wre not used in the boots ammunition previously mention. NO! They were rolled into a circle which looked like the likorish (deliberate spelling) strings sold in sweet shops.

It really takes me back (40 years next year). As to how they were actually used ( or rather the spare pair hidden in your locker), knot at one end, the lace threaded through all lace-holes (steady again), wrapped round the ankle and secured by tucking in the last tuck.

Zimmers - you just have to love them!
  10. Auld-Yin

What is wrong with that, I still do it this way with both my Mil boots and Civ boots.

I was taught that if you broke your leg/foot, it was far easier to get the boot off when secured like this because they only had to whip a blade up the laces and the boot would be undone. By using both lace ends, you have to keep cutting individual bits to free the boot.
  11. Sod boots, why cant people just wear trainers? After all, boots are too heavy to mark time in....or is that just me?
  12. Exactly, running BFTs with boots on causes ankle problems, so why do we wear boots during fire and manouvre :twisted: