Shockwave Flash

I keep getting a pop-up message telling me "The following plug in has crashed - Shockwave Flash".

Any practical advice as to what to do?

Are you using Chrome as your browser? Its a known problem at the moment, I suffer it a lot too. Just have to wait for them to finally fix it, either adobe or google!

Uninstall it - chances are you don't need it, and if you do, you will be asked to download it again.

msr

I upgraded from Chrome 10 to Chrome 11, flash stopped crashing.

Same problems with FireFox 4. though it does give you the chance to refresh a page and everything back to normal.

OK, so an old thread. However, the "shockwave has crashed" message keeps coming up. The site becomes very,very slow. Can't even scroll down and typing is about 3 or 4 characters behind.
Disabling shockwave seems to have solved it and working fine without out in both Chrome and Firefox.

OK, so an old thread. However, the "shockwave has crashed" message keeps coming up. The site becomes very,very slow. Can't even scroll down and typing is about 3 or 4 characters behind.
Disabling shockwave seems to have solved it and working fine without out in both Chrome and Firefox.
Its the only way. Disable flash.

try this: click on the three horizontal bars near the top-right corner and click Help and about.
A new tab will open and Chrome will check for updates and begin downloading one if relevant. Once this is done, you will see a Relaunch Chrome buttton, which you need to click to complete the update.

try this: click on the three horizontal bars near the top-right corner and click Help and about.
A new tab will open and Chrome will check for updates and begin downloading one if relevant. Once this is done, you will see a Relaunch Chrome buttton, which you need to click to complete the update.
My sys is fully updated permanently. Google & Chrome no longer support Flash. Full stop. Because it sucks.