Shocking but not shocking

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jammy66, Apr 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reminds me of a time when one of our blokes was spose to be sent home, but they sent home the wrong body. They sent a body of someone from the Balkans instead. Felt sorry for the families involved. :cry:

2. Saw that on sky news this morning, you wonder if they are actually trying to make themselves look bad

3. Terrible for the families but unfortunately mistakes do happen.

It's just if any lessons are learned from them.

4. Christ in heaven you just don't want to even think about that happening. My heart goes out to the families, what more could they be put through?

Should the media have reported this? What was the benefit of reporting it? There are probably hundreds of forces families all over the country worrying now about the same thing having happened to their loved one......

5. I can remember when a certain military hospital had a whole leg in a clinical waste container for a year ...the body it belonged to was already cremated.......In the old days a board of trade licence was required to send bodies home....all coffins were tin lined and sealed "welded" by the dispatching unit or undertaker......On arrival in UK...coffins opened by Customs and Excise.......before onwards tranmission and preperation for burial....