Shock News - Sex Scandal NOT Involving RLC!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_C_Hinecap, Feb 11, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Telegraph.

Sex-mad major stalked me until I slept with him, tribunal is told

A high-flying Army major pressurised a female warrant officer into a sexual relationship, insinuating that if she did not sleep with him her Army career would be over, an industrial tribunal heard yesterday.

The 40-year-old officer, who was tipped to become the next commanding officer of one of the most prestigious cavalry regiments in the Army, "stalked" WO Angela McConnell, her counsel told the Southampton tribunal.

He made hundreds of suggestive telephone calls to her, boasting of his sexual exploits with a dozen women, including the pop singer Andrea Corr, who has issued a statement denying any such relationship.

The women he allegedly claimed to have slept with included five other junior female soldiers, in breach of strict Army rules preventing relationships between commissioned officers and other soldiers.

WO McConnell, 41, from West Lulworth, Dorset, also alleges that the Army sexually discriminated against her after the relationship became known.

The officer, who cannot be named because of restrictions imposed by the tribunal, was immediately sent on leave and allowed to pick a good posting in the Directorate of Military Operations planning the war on Iraq, the tribunal was told.

She was allegedly forced to stay in her post, ordered to "stop behaving like a Barbie Doll", and eventually told she was to be reduced to the rank of corporal.

Meanwhile, she claimed, the commanding officer told the regiment's officers and sergeants that the major had "done something wrong but they were all to respect him because no matter what he had done he was still an officer and a jolly nice bloke".

WO McConnell, who is married with two children but is now divorcing her husband, told the tribunal that the relationship began after she was posted to the regiment.

She was one of five female soldiers attached to the all-male cavalry regiment. In December 2001, the major allegedly began ringing her up to a dozen times a day, pestering her to begin a relationship with him.

"I tried to make it clear to him that I wanted him to leave me alone," she said. "I said to him on several occasions, 'You are a pest' or 'You need to get help'. He would say it was his way of making me notice him." During some of his telephone calls he allegedly told her he was masturbating. "I felt quite guilty as if I had had sex with him over the phone," WO McConnell said. "I felt I must have led him on."

Several times she told him to "f*** off and leave me alone", but she felt restrained by the fact that he was a confidant of the commanding officer and told her they discussed her. "It was at the back of my mind that if he told the CO that I had been rude to him my career could have been wrecked," she said.

During the telephone calls, he also allegedly talked about his sexual relationships with other women, including a woman who subsequently made a "very suggestive" telephone call to WO McConnell.

"During the call, I looked out of the window and he was standing looking at me and laughing. Soon after, he phoned me and played back a message she had left on his voice mail saying how much she would like to have him giving it to her from behind."

The calls allegedly culminated in an incident at a Christmas party in which he dragged her into the regiment's medals room and locked the door behind them.

"I kept going on about 'we shouldn't be doing this'. He put my hand down towards his fly and said, 'See what you do to me'. He started to grope me and to put his hands under my skirt, inside my pants.

"I wasn't enjoying it. I didn't feel in control. I then went down to take control of the situation by performing oral sex on him but he stopped me because he didn't want everything to happen too quickly. He then spun me round, lifted up my skirt and put his penis between my thighs and I said, 'I don't want this. Open the door I want to get out'."

After the incident the telephone calls continued and WO McConnell eventually agreed to have sex with him. They did so on a number of occasions but she was on anti-depressants that stifled her libido.

"I had considerable difficulty having sexual intercourse with him," she said. "I was never sexually aroused. This seemed to upset him."

During their relationship, the major allegedly told her about a sexual encounter with a fellow pupil at his public school and how he had cheated in exams at staff college.

He also allegedly told her of other affairs, including one with his wife's best friend, and how his wife had insisted that he undergo counselling for sex addiction.

The relationship became public in February 2002 after WO McConnell's boss, Capt Dee Holdom, allegedly told her she was also sleeping with him. Capt Holdom told WO McConnell she wanted to share a secret.

"When I tell you we are going to have to be best friends for the rest of our lives because it is so private," Capt Holdom allegedly said.

WO McConnell told the tribunal that Capt Holdom then "made me link little fingers with her like schoolgirls" before telling her that she had slept with the major after a Valentine's Day party in the officers' mess.

When WO McConnell told Capt Holdom that she had been sleeping with him as well they discovered that the other's experiences had been identical, with both subjected to a series of telephone calls.

"I think that Dee began to feel really bad," WO McConnell said. "She said, 'I almost feel raped. He's got to be stopped'."

But when WO McConnell confronted him over the incident, he burst into tears and said it had only happened because he was drunk. "He said Dee had been bumping up and down on top of him saying, 'Oh you maestro'. He kept saying it had meant nothing."

The major persuaded her to lie to the authorities about the extent of their relationship but in April 2002 WO McConnell's husband began to suspect something and bugged her car, obtaining a recording of his wife and the major having sex.

He took the tape to the regiment's CO, who admitted that the major "had previous for this sort of thing" and initiated disciplinary proceedings against both WO McConnell and the major.

The hearing continues.

8O I thought all the Cav were too inbred to breed 8O

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. 40 year old major - next commanding officer ? - unlikley.

Otherwise an excellent story and surely worthy of consideration by the scriptwriters for Red Cap. It's got it all; sex, covert surveillance, blackmail.

4. Ethel the Aardvark wrote:

Exactly. And "high flying?". That'll be the Andrew Gilligan school of journalism. If you don't know, make it up.

This story has been around for a while, tribunal must have just convened. The officer was named then and the Corr girl said he's full of sh1t. But no matter.

It beggars belief that a Warrant Officer could think that refusing to let a superior officer knob her could have an adverse effect on her career.

Just out the egg, she may be vulnerable to predatory superiors but she's a grown up.

Officially there is no problem in the RN with Officer/Rating relationships. However there are times where there is insufficient maturity in the partners to sustain the relationship.

Years ago an oppo of mine gave a Wren a hard time for slack work that affected his watch.

She went bubbling to her boyfriend, a Junior Officer (Wrens/Female Ratings as they are now, love them). Young Sir mistakenly
    got involved. My oppo, cool as eggs listened to the public bollocking.

"Finished Sir?"

He was.

"With all due respect, and it's not much, keep your c0ck out of this".

Hoots of derision, end of relationship, and not a thing Young Sir could do about it.

BZ :D

5. it takes 2 to tango

she was willing enough to do the dirty on her husband :roll:

6. Is it me or is this story incredibly detailed! More so than usual?

Most women have been on the receiving end of unwanted sexual advances but if you are genuinely not interested, surely the solution is something other than oral sex?

7. [/quote]

40 year old major - next commanding officer ? - unlikley.

Otherwise an excellent story and surely worthy of consideration by the scriptwriters for Red Cap. It's got it all; sex, covert surveillance, blackmail.[/quote]

Can we first confirm this story was not from those fine BBC scriptwriters. Is it just me who think she looks like the sort of girl that would boil your bunny...! 8)

8. Any time a female wants to get control of me they now know what to do!!! 8O

9. Only made complaint after husband found out.

Am I cynical or just disillusioned.

10. You're not the husband are you?

Does anyone have a photo of this naughty lady?

11. Caught doing the dirty on her hubby and will blame anyone except herself.

I love that comment about taking control by giving him oral sex. Awesome piece of work - I don't remember that mentioned during EFP, however maybe CLM will recommend it as a key management strategy.

Back of the net!

PD :D

13. Mr_C

I concur wholeheartedly with your comment about inbred Cavalry types and it does appear that she consented to the affair, whether through harassment or her own free will.

If indeed she was appalled by his actions and could not fend off his advances by giving him a swift kick to the bollox and bringing her knee up as he went down (before all this got to tribunal) then she has no place being in the Army anyway…in my view.

What I do take issue with are the sentences.

Allegedly “the officer, was immediately sent on leave and allowed to pick a good posting in the Directorate of Military Operations planning the war on Iraq, the tribunal was told. Meanwhile, she claimed, the commanding officer told the regiment's officers and sergeants that the major had "done something wrong but they were all to respect him because no matter what he had done he was still an officer and a jolly nice bloke.”

"She was allegedly forced to stay in her post, ordered to "stop behaving like a Barbie Doll", and eventually told she was to be reduced to the rank of corporal or be discharged."

Hmmmmmmm! I hope she has a good lawyer.

14. And an all feminist/lesbian panel.