Shock News - Sex Scandal DAY 2

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_C_Hinecap, Feb 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Laydees ahn Gennulmennn, Ibringyew...... Day 2

Again - from the Telegraph....

My lesbian fling and other affairs, by sex claim soldier

A warrant officer who claims that she was pressured into a sexual relationship with a major from one of the Army's most elite cavalry regiments admitted yesterday to three other affairs with fellow soldiers, including a lesbian relationship.

WO2 Angela McConnell told an employment tribunal that the lesbian affair, with WO2 Sheila Strickland, who has been supporting her during the tribunal, began shortly after she joined the Army in 1986.

The two other affairs were both with male officers, in breach of Army regulations forbidding relationships between commissioned and non-commissioned ranks, the tribunal in Southampton heard.

The first was "a brief liaison" with a second major on whom she "only performed a particular act", said WO McConnell, who has two children and is currently divorcing her husband.

The second was a much longer relationship with a lieutenant colonel in the Royal Tank Regiment, which ended a few months after she arrived at her new regiment, The King's Royal Hussars, in Tidworth, Hants.

Lt Col Shaun Wilson was based in London at the time, WO McConnell told the hearing. "I went to visit him when he had a flat in London. I only visited him occasionally. The relationship ended pretty much in August 2001."

WO McConnell, 41, from West Lulworth, Dorset, claims that the first major, who was tipped to become the next commanding officer of the cavalry regiment, bombarded her with hundreds of sexually explicit phone calls and text messages to get her into bed.

Throughout WO McConnell's evidence the major sat only a few feet away, staring intently at her, taking notes and occasionally nodding vigorously.

Confronted under cross-examination from Wendy Outhwaite, counsel for the MoD, with a number of statements from former Army colleagues portraying her as lewd and flirtatious, she accused The King's Royal Hussars of closing ranks against her.

Mrs Outhwaite put to WO McConnell a string of allegations of sexual misconduct at a Christmas party in December 2001, including a claim that she had sat on a settee between two soldiers and propositioned both.

She was alleged to have said to one that she would like to indulge in an unnatural sexual act with him and told the other: "I'd like to have a three-way with you and your wife." WO McConnell vehemently denied the claim.

Mrs Outhwaite continued with an allegation from another warrant officer that during the party he had found WO McConnell in a compromising situation with a staff sergeant who had his trousers down. That claim was "complete and utter rubbish", WO McConnell said. Such allegations showed why she had felt unable to complain about the "sexual harassment" she suffered at the hands of the major in The King's Royal Hussars.

"They've proved they're an all-male regiment and someone came along and soiled their reputation and they've closed ranks, which is pretty much what I expected if I made a complaint," WO McConnell said.

Mrs Outhwaite challenged her account of an incident at the party in which the major took her into the medals room in the officers' mess, unfastened his trousers and attempted to put his hand into her knickers.

WO McConnell told the tribunal that she went into the room because the major said he only wanted a hug.

"He was acting like a spoilt child who has been told he can't have any sweets. I thought OK, he just wants to hold me, let's get it out of the way."

But she now found herself in "a very vulnerable position". If she complained she would face questioning as to why she was there allowing him to fondle her. There would be an investigation and her career would be over.

She said: "He was pestering the pants off me. I thought, give the guy what he wants and he'll bugger off."

Mrs Outhwaite said: "That's not right is it? The reason you did not say 'stop' before is because you wanted it."

WO McConnell replied: "No. I had no desire whatsoever. I had spent all evening avoiding this man. In fact, I'd spent weeks avoiding this man."

Asked to explain why she had finally agreed to sleep with the major, WO McConnell said she had become deeply depressed and he suddenly changed his approach.

"He is a very experienced seducer. He waits until he hits on exactly the right technique. I was desperately upset. His sympathetic approach was exactly what I needed."

Asked by Mrs Outhwaite why she continued the relationship, she said it was not the sex. She was on anti-depressants that stifled her libido and she did not enjoy it. It was his behaviour afterwards that she liked.

Referring to the first night they spent together and had sex, on Jan 21 2002, she said: "I had heard so much, since the day he started pestering me, about his sexual prowess, part of me thought I was going to have a life-changing experience that night. We did eventually go to bed but it wasn't very good for me at all.

"But what happened after the sex really clinched it, when he held me and said really nice things. It was like nothing I'd experienced before.

"He wanted to be mothered and I wanted to be held and I could have laid there all night just listening and being held the way he held me and that is what clinched it. It was better than the sex."

The hearing continues.

This is an epic and I am rather confused. Can anyone out there work this one out, who is linked and how? I do have one BIG question tho.....

It was said

What the hell does a squaddie class as an unnatural sexual act?? Flowers, candlelight, dinner, foreplay & the missionary position?

This is how the Telegraph is reporting this - seems the tabloids are being beaten at their own game on this story!

2. ...The same person for more than a two week period?
    ...Socks off?
    ...No camera in the room?
    ...Partner of consensual age?
    …Unrelated by birth or marriage?

This list is inexhaustible!

3. :D :D :D :D :D :D

so true Blessed!!

4. Lewd & Flirtatious? Anybody got her phone number?

He was 'pestering the pants of me'? Novel approach. Successful too by all accounts. Bet she just regretted saying that.

5. See "Outhwaite" it is a script from Red Cap.

So it wasn't just the Regiment's reputation that was soiled then.

6. QUOTE

The first was "a brief liaison" with a second major on whom she "only performed a particular act", said WO McConnell, who has two children and is currently divorcing her husband.

The second was a much longer relationship with a lieutenant colonel in the Royal Tank Regiment, which ended a few months after she arrived at her new regiment, The King's Royal Hussars, in Tidworth, Hants

"They've proved they're an all-male regiment and someone came along and soiled their reputation and they've closed ranks, which is pretty much what I expected if I made a complaint," WO McConnell said.

UNQUOTE

Ummm..confused, who soiled THEIR reputation????