Shock...!! Horror..!! Tour De France Winner is Drugged Up...

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Santa_Sunday, Jul 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now who would've thought it...? Cycling in another drugs shame story...

Next you'll be telling me that Chinese swimmers are getting steroid injections from the age of 7 and that the old Eastern Block countries had a penchant for dabbling in performance enhancing drugs...

Well I never..........!!

2. :lol: Next you will be telling me that the East European women hammer/shot throwers are all blokes really.

Or that the sword fencers had a little button in the handle that registered a hit when pressed.

I mean who would believe that professional sports people would do such things..

3. Well, to be fair the analysis of the A sample has shown that he had an unusual balance of testosterone/epitestosterone, ag the end of one particular days racing (stage 17) in which he broke away from the front of the peloton and stayed ahead for over 100 miles - a remarkable physical effort.

There could be a whole range of natural endocrine system reactions caused by extreme exertion which may explain this.

Dont forget that he would also have been tested on numerous other occasions during the 3 weeks racing, and none of the other samples have shown any irregularity. I think its a poor reflection on our press that they immediatley jump to the "drugs shame in cycling" storyline when theres probably a lot more to this than at first sight.

4. Cheating freaks, bound to happen with the amounts of money/sponsorship/pressure

These bloke are truly abnormal in their normal physiological states, their energy output/work rate is bonkers, no normal athlete can now keep up with the requirements of the competion, has it become a battle of the chemists...probably