Shock, Horror, First time in 50 years...

Any other Arrsers enjoy , Just a Minute?

I know many like ISIHAC and other BBC 4 comedy shows.

Tonight , shock horror , for the first time in over 50 years , that great "well in his own mind" Nicolas Parsons failed to make the cut .

Gyles.. Im a bit of smug git Brandreth stood in for the great man.

Who would have thunk?

Mind anyone listened to the early recording when Paul Merton was a new player.? Back then he was a " BBC " broadcaster, sounded like a WW2 news presenter. Today he is the love le cockney waker we all love.

Who has him on the 2018 death list?

Last edited:
I haven't listened to this week's yet. I still think of the Williams, Freud, Jones, Nimmo etc line ups as the Just a Minute.
Did they say why Parsons wasn't on?

Misunderstood the thread title. Exactly my reaction if my missus ever woke me up with a BJ! :smile:

I haven't listened to this week's yet. I still think of the Williams, Freud, Jones, Nimmo etc line ups as the Just a Minute.
Did they say why Parsons wasn't on?
Gyles just said " he wants a day off" . Could be the big C , AIDS, growing in toe nail.

mind He ( Gyles ) sounds like a right cunnt hosting . Much like all his other shows.

Gyles just said " he wants a day off" . Could be the big C , AIDS, growing in toe nail.

mind He ( Gyles ) sounds like a right cunnt hosting . Much like all his other shows.
I like Gyles sometimes but he brings an edge to the game which isn't normally there. Usually there's a lot of goodwill between participants. That said, Merton is v competitive but hides it well.
Graham Norton is surprisingly good.
Hopefully Parsons will be ok.

I like Gyles sometimes but he brings an edge to the game which isn't normally there. Usually there's a lot of goodwill between participants. That said, Merton is v competitive but hides it well.
Graham Norton is surprisingly good.
Hopefully Parsons will be ok.
I like him on shows just not in "His shows"

Slime

LE
That certainly is a unique occurrence.
I always listen to just a minute later on iplayer so have this episode to look forward to.

Any other Arrsers enjoy , Just a Minute?

I know many like ISIHAC and other BBC 4 comedy shows.

Tonight , shock horror , for the first time in over 50 years , that great "well in his own mind" Nicolas Parsons failed to make the cut .

Gyles.. Im a bit of smug git Brandreth stood in for the great man.

Who would have thunk?

Mind anyone listened to the early recording when Paul Merton was a new player.? Back then he was a " BBC " broadcaster, sounded like a WW2 news presenter. Today he is the love le cockney waker we all love.

Who has him on the 2018 death list?
CA?

Really?

And Wille Rushton.
Remember that everyone needs a Willie!

Oh, wait, that was something else ....

Back in the day (not sure when - 70's) they asked Williams to Chair. Not sure why. Ithink they were trialling rotation of the panel, and Parsons was briefly a panelist. Williams wasn't at ease with the role and the idea was quickly dropped.
Rushton was very good too.

IIRC Rushton was a regular on "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" and an irregular regular on "just a minute".

Certainly a brilliant panelist on both although I absolutely hated Graham Norton's drawn out whining.

Latest Threads