Shock - Good news in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Plastic Yank, Aug 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I realise that reporting good things in Iraq seems almost anathema on this site recently, so just to continue in my bucking trend mode:
    You will notice by its absence any mention of British or US troops who are providing protection and assistance for these projects.

2. Where's the article from?

And forgive my obtuseness...was your point that there are no US/UK troops providing protection/assistance, or that the article didn't give any credit to those that are?

smithie

3. Has been suggested that the marshes where the original Garden of Eden.
    john

4. There was some controversy over the guy in charge of this project, because it seemed like he was just breaking down dam's willy nilly.

However it does seem to be succeding where other said it would fail

Anyone else notice how the kurds and the marsh arabs seem to succeed despite the adversity they faced, and yet the sunni's and the shi'ites are still going around with their fingers up their arse (in relative terms)?

5. Read Thesinger's "Marsh Arabs". A bloody marvellous book.

6. Smithie wrote
    sorry, been off working (ok, and being robbed!)

link is BBC (where is it, ahh... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4177852.stm)

Smithie, obtuseness forgiven (my lagresse knows no bounds), what i was trying to be scarie about was the lack of credit given to the UK Div working to protect the bleeding spineless NGOs.