Shock exposé - Rumsfeld tells porkies !

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Dec 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It would appear that Mr Rumsfeld was a little, er, 'confused' as to the veracity or otherwise of what he told the troops on the eighth of December.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/politics/120904ap_politics_armor.html

2. Money it's all about money.
    Oil Money, Tax money, and the blood money.
    the squaddie pays in a different currancy but its all money.
    john

3. Rumsfeld's lame answer to that soldier has alot of people unhappy. It was a careless answer. The real problem isnt unarmored Humvee's but unarmored medium and heavy trucks. By now this problem should have been addressed. I think the number is less than 15% for those types of trucks.

4. Good news, tom. Of course we Brits have every right to find this extremely amusing, in view of the percentage of our medium and heavy trucks which is armoured. :wink:

5. Yes I think while less than 15% are armored that seems to be 15% more than for UK vehicles. But then IED's dont seem to be quite the problem in the south. When we first rolled into Iraq none of the trucks were armored. The reality is that no amount of armor on a truck cab is going to save anyone from an RPG.

6. Hope it's better than the macrolon we used in NI aeons ago, it wasn't proof against IEDs either! What do the Brits use now?

7. "Snatch" type landrovers are the only wheeled light armoured tactical vehicles I have noticed from the news. Excellent vehicles in my experience but certainly not invulnerable, and from what I have seen from media reports there has been at least one successful IED attack on them in the South.