"Shock and Awe"

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Liz_Savage, Oct 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Liz I will sugest you are a jurnolist and as newcomer it is considered polite and wise to introduce yourself as such when bringing up a contraversial subjects, such as this.
    I am retired ex Brit Army and I agree with so much that is said.
    I have for years asked 'Why' and its only during the last 6 months that the opinions expressed in the 'Shock and Awe' clip have become common knowledge.
    Bush and his Poodle Blair lied.
    That is unforgivable and in UK illegal in Parliament.
    However strange as it will seem to many who have read my past comments I know that in the long term of National Intrest extreamly difficult choices have to be taken. Not Nice but nessasary.
    Bush & Blair have destroyed any form of 'High' Reputation held in the world, of their nations.
    Bush's backers seem to have made vast profits and Tony will be offered a very secure future when he leaves office in UK.
    john

2. Interesting!

It does not really matter whether you agree or disagree with the contentions in the broadcast. What is manifestly obvious so far, is that not a single TV channel in the United Kingdom would actually dare to treat our government to similar treatment!

An interview with the Taliban!

What happened when ITN broadcast an interview with Terry Taliban?

They were torn apart and threatened by the MOD that they would not have access to news through MOD unless that said nicer things about MOD?

What a weak and pathetic government!

We are receiving sterile, censored news here in the UK. Lads, keep on filming!

Sad that we get our political perspective from the Americans, sad that our TV footage comes from 'U Tube' and what do we get from our own?

Censorship!

News managed and manipulated!

3. Actually, no, Im not a journalist, I work with the homeless but I thought I would sign up to this forum and get some answers straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. I really appreciate your response and willingness to take a look at the documentary. I do have some other clips I would like to post which are controversial and the last thing I want to do would be to upset anyone. I am convinced we are on the verge of World War Three and I ama a bit of an activist for the cause. I will post another couple of short clips on a new thread and I would once again appreciate feedback from you all. I will be back later.

Thanks ever so much!