Shit Thread. Potty training tales.

Daughter in law has just sent us this re the 2 year old grandson:

We started some potty training yesterday and he had several gos on the potty in a bid to try and earn a space rocket/astronaut sticker. He told us he had done a wee and asked us for his reward but there was no wee in the potty, so we asked him why there wasn’t any and he looked at it and put his hands up and said “Oooo where’s it gone?”

We started some potty training yesterday and he had several gos on the potty in a bid to try and earn a space rocket/astronaut sticker. He told us he had done a wee and asked us for his reward but there was no wee in the potty, so we asked him why there wasn’t any and he looked at it and put his hands up and said “Oooo where’s it gone?”
Future politician, banker, lawyer, be afraid, be very afraid :eek:

A promising career as a Storesman lies in wait with those sort of magic skills.

With luck he will also charge Mum a Q & A consultation fee.
Good lad him.
I now have this in my head.

Have it back

Last edited:
In B&Q a few years ago looking for a plumbing tool, when Sunray Minor (potty training for a month or two) tugs on my sleeve to tell me he'd completed a shovel recce. He gives a Brecon Point/Fella back to the showroom bit.

There, curled up, in a display porcelain throne was the offending item. 'Well done', closed the lid and exited B&Q PDQ :)

In B&Q a few years ago looking for a plumbing tool, when Sunray Minor (potty training for a month or two) tugs on my sleeve to tell me he'd completed a shovel recce. He gives a Brecon Point/Fella back to the showroom bit.

There, curled up, in a display porcelain throne was the offending item. 'Well done', closed the lid and exited B&Q PDQ :)
It was likely made in China anyhow so let's say it got added value.

We'd started potty- training my eldest...... nothing too heavy, just gently showing her, with nothing too insistent.

Well she vanished from the sitting room for a few minutes, then proudly came back in, yelling "POO......"

Holding up the pressure cooker.

In 1957, the family embarked on a BEA Viscount to live in Malta G.C.
The 8-hour flight involved a refuelling stop in Nice.
There, my Mother took myself, aged 5, and my younger sister off to the Ladies to pump ship.
She left me in a cubicle on my own, while she dealt with little sis.
When we reunited, I was voluble in my appreciation of French forethought in providing low-level crappers for small chaps.
Much shushing ensued, as we were all ushered as far away from the distaff facilities as possible.
Now be fair, in the late 1950s, how often would a 5-year old have come across a bidet!