Shit happens. Alternatives to toilet paper after Brexit

BBC's Politics Live had a roving report from a UK tissue and toilet paper manufacturer. Although a proportion of finished product is imported much of it is manufactured in the UK, However, a large proportion of raw material is imported from the EU. It was claimed that there is only a few weeks supply stored at any time and that any import delays or obstructions would lead to shortages.

There is a possibility that TP will be flying off the shelves as desperate punters panic. Maybe it's time to consider the strategic and environmental issues of toilet paper, wet wipes and iffy alternatives like newspaper that can block the bog.

Likewise, if you have tips for field expedient arrse wipes, they might be, erm, handy.

BBC's Politics Live had a roving report from a UK tissue and toilet paper manufacturer. Although a proportion of finished product is imported much of it is manufactured in the UK, However, a large proportion of raw material is imported from the EU. It was claimed that there is only a few weeks supply stored at any time and that any import delays or obstructions would lead to shortages.

There is a possibility that TP will be flying off the shelves as desperate punters panic. Maybe it's time to consider the strategic and environmental issues of toilet paper, wet wipes and iffy alternatives like newspaper that can block the bog.

FFS the remoaners are desperate to use any and all scare stories to try & blackmail the British people.. Today bog paper, yesterday medicines, tomorrow some other crap :-(

FFS the remoaners are desperate to use any and all scare stories to try & blackmail the British people.. Today bog paper, yesterday medicines, tomorrow some other crap :-(
With no bog paper it will be 'tomorrow an awful lot of some other crap'.

Mind you, with no food to actually eat and convert into crap the demand for bog paper will quickly and dramatically reduce. If you have shares in bog roll companies, SELL! SELL! SELL!

Worry not.

Just as there was a time before the EU, there was a time before bog roll.

Images blocked by MODNet, probably just as well.

If it happens, there is the most difficult choice in the world to make. The Sun, or the Mirror.
Neither.

I want to wipe crap off me.

Mind you that Gideon Bible they gave me in school had lovely thin, smooth pages.

Worry not.

Just as there was a time before the EU, there was a time before bog roll.
Oddly enough. I caught the end of some talking heads politics thing this afternoon.
One of the participants mentioned that there had been shortages of a number of things, including TP, just after we joined the EEC. Guess what, we survived!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ThelmatheBelmer The NAAFI Bar 48
E The NAAFI Bar 34
B The NAAFI Bar 32