Shirt (used)query

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Pronto_Mike_Uniform, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Gang

appro pro of nothing, was the SERVICE OLIVE GREEN SHIRT a replacement for the No2 Dress shirt or a replacement for the old KF itchyback? I'm looking to establish the weight/quality of the olive green as a workshirt for doing shed things etc. :) :)

Many thanks and may I take this opportunity to wish all ARRSErs a very merry and safe xmas

PMU

2. It was a replacement for KF Shirt Hairy, personally I don't think it was as hard wearing as the KF but was a bit more comfortable

3. Cheers Re-

Exactly the answer I was after, Very Much Appreciated :salut:

Found them on ebay for a couple of quid for a pair. Off to purchase.

4. the older ones being more heavy duty,the newer ones reputedly made by Ben Sherman......

5. Thanks Boxy. These are used grade 1 so fingers crossed they are older ones.

6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

The early ones were thicker 100% cotton? than the later type which are a poly/cotton material like No2 dress shirts.

Ah shirts KF.........now there's a whole thread on the various patterns issued since 1938ish...... OK, coat and taxi waiting.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oh go on, I'll read the thread sat in my shed! :D

8. It'll need to be quite old; Ben Sherman were making them in the late 80's

9. Well they are advertised as just cotton but who knows. Only getting them because they are 2 quid a pair and it means I don't ruin the good shirts with wood shaving, oil, glue etc whilst in the SHED. For a pound a shirt, the quality really is secondary but I'm hoping for the best.

I did wonder about getting a couple of old KFs for the same use. Had a lovely brown one when I was in that was passed on from one of the old soldiers in the regiment. It was so well worn and old it was like velvet. God I miss that shirt. :lol: :lol: would have been ideal for wearing in my SHED.

Did I mention that I have a SHED :?

(do you think they've noticed????) editied for mong interference

10. I live in a first floor flat so I don't have a shed. I do however have a Garage... does this make me a shed walt?

11. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

If I had a garage I might be tempted to sell petrol cheap but the garage I do have does not sell petrol. Therefore I do not try and pass it off as a shed. It is a garage in which I keep all sorts of things which will not fit in my shed. In fact, anything but a car.

12. I had a KF that was nearly white, tailored sleeves and after nearly 6 years it was actually wearable, then I got told to exchange it by the RSM because it was no longer green.

13. I had a chit from the Doc that said I was excused shirts KF 'cos they caused my skin to erupt..... the RSM tore it up.

:(