Shirt Sleeve Order

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by walting_matilda, Mar 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a question...........

When is it offical for Shirt Sleeve order. I remember the time when we were in jumpers till we roasted and shirt sleeve order till we froze?

2. I'm not sure but I think it's the 1st of May. All depends whether or not the Regiment enforces it really, my last unit had us in long sleeves all the way through the summer.

3. As far as I know, it is from 01 Apr to 01 Oct.
    I can always remember being in shirt sleeve order in Edinburgh in mid April and it snowing.

4. Traditionally 1st May but realistically its down to RSM (after speaking to the CO of course) :wink:

5. I left the Army and joined the RAF just so I could wear a short-sleeve shirt all year round!

I'm all for tradition, but if it's hot - shirt-sleeves; if it's cold - wooly-pullies. The airforce has left it to the individual to use their common sense for years, but I'm sure it makes Sgt Majors foam at the mouth if everyone isn't dressed exactly the same.

I remember when I was in the Army, one of my lance jacks got a boll**ing from the RSM for wearing a norweigan shirt under his CS95.

'They are only for wear in inclement weather', the LCpl was told. When the LCpl pointed to the eight inches of snow in which he and the RSM were standing the RSM replied, 'it's not inclement weather until I say so!'

I'm afraid you can't fight bullsh!t like that.

KC

6. And jumpers/jackets on from 1800 hrs til breakie as it was 'nightime and therefore cold'!

7. I thought it was long sleeves in the evening to avoid insect bites.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not wrong there bud, and also so you were more 'camoflaged' when shanking hands with padlocks and keeping the IRA at bay with your pickelv :lol:

9. think it is the 1st of May, although in some barking mad trg units the perm staff are in short sleeves all year round

Whichever day, guaranteed the following seven days will be the coldest of the year!!

10. 31st March for us

11. I hate wearing the sleeves down, makes me feel like I'm wearing bloody pyjamas.

12. ...and you don't have to iron the lower foot of each sleeve....

Litotes

13. I don't, just get them tailered :D

14. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

When the RSM decides how cold or hot it is.

15. Then you look like a tit!