• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

shirt sleeve order: bone question

Is there actually a date for rolling up the sleeves, my OC hasnt said to roll the sleeves up to my company yet but i see others soldiers are. is it different for every unit. I no its bone but i just want to no so i dont rock up tomorrow with the wrong dress regs. cheers.

when in Rome i suppose.

The_Duke

LE
Turn up with shirt pressed for long sleeves, ask question, roll up sleeves if required.

Do you need advice on how to breathe or wipe your arrse as well?

I'd go out now and get that shirt tailored so you have dead smart short sleeves for shirt sleeve order, whilst you are at it get the back tailored and some creases sewn into those trousers.

Initiative man !!

the_creature said:
Is there actually a date for rolling up the sleeves, my OC hasnt said to roll the sleeves up to my company yet but i see others soldiers are. is it different for every unit. I no its bone but i just want to no so i dont rock up tomorrow with the wrong dress regs. cheers.

when in Rome i suppose.
12 April 0800 hrs

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
the_creature said:

when in Rome i suppose.
12 April 0800 hrs
Same at our place

PISX_STAINED_PANTS said:
Better still, phone the RSM at home or in the Mess. That way you will be ahead of the game and will be the admiration of all your mates.
Phone? You loser, real pro-active thinking toms go and knock on his door, usually about 11pm the night before first parade. :D

Keep them rolled up all year long, if the razz man questions this, tell him his wife prefers you with your sleeves rolled up. If the razzers a bird (non teeth arms for you cadets reading) tell her to get back in the kitchen

If it's cold keep them down, if it's hot roll them up. Personal preference shows initiative and is the way forward.
On a side note, remember at 18.00hrs the Army tells mother nature it is now officially cold so you have to roll them down anyway..........

My unit wears them up all year round whatever the weather, which looks ten times better imho. Long sleeves in 95s looks like you're wearing some sort of crap dpm boiler suit.

I

In_my_day

warrior8234mkIIIA2 said:
Become a rock hard meat head marine and year them up all year round so it shows off the guns to there full potential(may need 2 rolls of carpet, 1 to put under each arm)
Hello pot this is kettle, over. No! Stop, put those stones down :D

IMD

Latest Threads