Shipping vehs from/to Cyprus, how much?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by pmc_abo, Jul 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone give me a quote for how much it would cost to ship a civvy car to Cyprus from Germany?

Also how long does it take.

Can anyone recommend a shipping company.

2. pmc,
    I recently shipped a motor to Cyprus from the UK and used M&S Shipping. Cost just for shipping ( not incl dock / customs and re-registering) was £500.

Look into any other option apart from shipping your car out. I'm not trying to put a downer on the system but it is extortionatley(sp?) expensive.

The re-registering costs are based on the engine size and type, petrol, diesel etc. If for example you are shipping a 4x4 3.2L diesel beast you are looking at over £CY2000 and that's just to register!

Sell your vehicle in Germany prior to the move if possible. Second hand duty paid cars are widely available in Cyprus and are not to expensive.

Failing any of the above, get an oily rag in the petrol tank and put your insurance to good use.

Edited to add a bit.

My car took 14 days to arrive in Cyprus, from Romford (M&S shipping HQ) to Limassol docks. I then had to wait 5 days for the container to clear customs.

Hope this helps, PM me if you want any more details.

3. Bugger that, sounds horribly expensive.

Thanks for tip and reality check. 500quid sounds good but hadnt factored in re-registering costs.....

4. Oh by the way, can anyone advise on the current rate of Cyprus LOA for Married Sgt + 1.