Shipmates

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by biscuits, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a program!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D
    Fat ginger matelots everywhere!!!

2. Was it me or was the God- botherer as mad as a hatter?

3. As mad as a box of frogs wearing yellow shoes.

At least the Navy doesn't seem to skimp on rations - judging by the size of most of them.....

4. Either mad or as queer as a coot. :mrgreen: seemed to be his favourite facial expression. (It was my doris that thought he was queer, my Gaydar is inop. I just thought he was a cnut) :p

5. 307

307 War Hero

I tell you what though, i'll have a bit of some of their weapons systems. Miniguns mounted on the bloody deck, more GPMGS than you can shake a shitty stick at and all sorts of cannons and assorted things that go bang. There were a lot of gigantors around though, but some of the birds were alright.

6. Got to love the white shorts and socks!!! 8O

The SA80 "fam" training was good aswell, Firing wildly of the back of the ship just "so that the toms dont get surprised when it makes a bang"

Also the fat ginna getting overexited about putting his nice new desert combats on, im glad its not me having to go and live on a boat full of blokes for 6 months at a time, especially when the officers get sent jonnies for there christmas pressies!!!

7. Glad to see that its not only the army that get ugly chicks, there were some real moose heads on that ship

8. In defence of the ship in question, having just spent some time on board her, there are a couple of honeys as well as all the howlers!

9. Being the only army rank in with a load of matelots and crabs, that programme was unmissable. The day before it was on, the XO sent an email to all ranks telling them that it was on.... I've not asked him what he thought of it yet though :oops:
    Surely they knew that they would look like cnuts? At least the seniors did, as the telly crew only showed the junior rates mess and the officers mess, so someone had their wits about them.

10. what was funny what were they doing firing the SA-80 at no target what were they aiming at the water?

11. f*CKING HELL Is this the New Britain, "XO sent an E Mail" What the f*ck is going on? Do they not have a tannoy on the ship,

"D'ya hear there, if you did not take precautions or you thought you were on X Factor you will be on the telly tonight........"

In fact in my day the XO would have told the MAA to go around and make sure everyone was aware of what was going on and the consequences if they did not portray the ship in a favourable light.

As for the SA80 acquaint firings, I have seen Stewards aim at the sea and miss, Opps, one day I will tell of the maltese seward who spent all day blasting down Tipnor range and hit a target once, close in with smg.

cheers

Terry