Ship Repair Simulator

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by jonahspannerking, Jan 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. could any body tell me the unit and contact details for the ship repair simulator

2. Is it as exciting as a flight simulator?

3. i doubt it is, however my boss thinks it would be a good idea for a "team building" exercise and has asked me to find out some information!

4. It is a good laugh (if wet, cold and wobbly is you thing) but, unless you are reasonably close to Pompey, it is a short day. You get the same package as regular recruits. Briefing, training, getting wet (about 45 mins in the training rig) getting dry, debriefing in about 2 hrs. The instructors are a mix of civvy and Navy and are a great bunch. Recommended.

5. Second that recommendation, the DRIU is an excellent laugh, just make sure you get in the engine room bit, it was the only one that actually flooded up to the deckhead

6. There's one in Portsmouth, and one in Plymouth (Okay, near Plymouth, but you get the picture).

Edited to add, if you follow the links, you should get all the contact details you need.

7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

The DRIU fucked me up.

It was nothing to do with the 20 units of booze the night before.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

8. bloody good laugh. Make sure you get the short arses in the engine room or mess deck on the lower level.