Ship Repair Manager/ Marine Engineer, Newport, £30k+

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by Census Contracting, Aug 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Company Description

Our Client offers complete lifecycle services, from surveys, ongoing maintenance and repairs through to recycling end of life vessels. With newly refurbished facilities and convenient location in the Port of Swansea they offer an attractive proposition to ship owners seeking high quality, reliable and environmentally responsible services.

Job Description We are currently seeking an experienced Ship Repair Manager for a Ship Repair Facility at Swansea. Swansea has two Drydocks and a Repair Berth, the Ship Repair Manager will actively manage drydock projects, conversion work and mobile repairs.

The successful candidate will be responsible to the Director of Ship Repair and will be required to demonstrate that they can deliver projects within a given timescale with the right amount of financial acumen. It is important that they will be able to demonstrate the ability to handle artisan labour of all nationalities.
    This position would suit either a Ship Repair Manager within a repair facility or a Marine Engineer who has overseen repairs/projects at ship yards.

Qualifications
    • A good working knowledge of Class Society and Flag Authority Rules and Regulations as applicable to ship repair requirements.
    • Minimum of a Class One Certificate of Competency either Motor or Combined with a HND in Marine Engineering.

Apply via: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CensusRecruitment/1146858-ship-repair-manager

2. For 30K?

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I was wondering that too?

30k??

Most ex RN Marine Engineers earn twice that fixing people's fridges.

Have a word.

4. Yeh, but how much is the perk of living in Swansea worth?

5. About another £30k in hardship allowances I would imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE