Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Outstanding, Feb 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Enstrom 480 on the back of a Greenpeace ship. Aircraft becomes airbourne. Skid snags on netting (nets and skids don't mix). Tail strikes deck (narrowly missing crewman). Tail stops being a tail. Pilot throws it on the deck (through either luck or judgement).

Lots of things wrong. Aircraft not suitable for;

1. Deck
    2. Conditions

1. Not a fcuking clue.
    2. Not correctly trained.

Very lucky that no-one was injured.

Anyway, who cares. Bunch of sandal wearing lentil eaters.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

See the lad at the stern cringing as the tail rotor hits deck a little too close for comfort. V V lucky all round

I take it the pilot got caught out with the big swell and not being tied down just gave him enough impetious to throw him forward or was he a bit of a mong? Any fly boys want to answer.
  3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I was especially impressed when the "groundcrew" (for want of a better expression) all scuttled under the disc during shut down!

Blade sail? It looked pretty bloody windy, i'd have even parted with cash to see one of the hippie turds cut in half.

Icing on the cake was the pilot getting out and strolling off with blades still turning!

Did you notice, as the vid fades to black, said pilot is noticeably vertical, approaching the edge of the disc, and with a blade incoming?

Fuck I hope it got him!
  4. It certainly appears that way.

Either he wasn't covering the controls well enough and the collective popped up or the boat sort of left the aircraft where it was!
  5. Perhaps it was a result of the Captain sailing into a Japanese trawler......