Shinsplits and stress-fractures Tips/Adice

Good. Do what the doctor says.

Or, jump out of a first floor window on to some concrete. If your leg snaps, it's serious shin splints. If it doesn't, you've just got the niggly version.

You need to rest, take anti inflammatory's. Are you an over pronator? Is it the anterior tibial muscle or more on the posterior? If its the anterior it could be weak calf muscles leading to the anterior inflammation and the dreaded 'drop foot/slapping of feet'. You need to see a Sports Physio to determine why you are suffering. Increasing your mileage dramatically will give you inflammation, the rule of thumb generally is 10% increase a week. Go to a sports physio. Also be wary of 'compartment syndrome' talk, shin splints is rarely this and surgical procedure for this is routinely unnecessary and does not resolve the issue. A sports Physio may also recommend sport orthotics to correct any foot strike issues along with muscle strengthening exercises, good luck.

Thank u excellent advice. At the moment im just waiting for a x-ray so but guessing could be a tibia stress-fractured in interior. The thing is i felt the pain 6months ago but the pain was low so i never fought nothing of it. Now the pain has increased highly and it's effecting my runs. I had my adsc date booked but had to put everything on hold now because of pain. The cause is i think when i upped my mileage to quickly 6month's ago an also worn out running shoes. Well pissed off seriously. Im hoping 3months will be enough recovery time!

Come on mate be seriously. R u that bored with life. If your not a recruit or soldier go away . Only serious posts on here.
I'm being entirely serious and it's the only relevant advice you'll get. Everything else will pander to your wishful thinking or not.

By the way, I was an Army level and occasional Combined Service marathon runner with a pretty senior position in an Army Training Regiment (the one below CO), if that floats your boat. So I do know what gets you failed and sent home.

Listen to the doctor.

PS. I am not your mate.

I'm being entirely serious and it's the only relevant advice you'll get. Everything else will pander to your wishful thinking or not.

By the way, I was an Army level and occasional Combined Service marathon runner with a pretty senior position in an Army Training Regiment (the one below CO), if that floats your boat. So I do know what gets you failed and sent home.

Listen to the doctor.

PS. I am not your mate.
Ok sir. Just please think before you write weird stuff like (jumping out window). Things in life is not always a joke!

Ok sir. Just please think before you write weird stuff like (jumping out window). Things in life is not always a joke!
You're absolutely right. The trick lies in knowing which bits are funny and which bits aren't.

Good luck with your injury. 'Shin splints'' and 'stress fracture' are general terms that cover a multitude of possibilities, by the way. In a serious case your leg will actually break, in minor cases it's sorted in a fortnight; hence the tongue in cheek window test.

Remember Jason is most likely aged between 16 - 18 so big timing a minor is not big and not clever.
Not sure if that's aimed at me, but I'm seeking to give Jason good advice in a rather old-fashioned way. More than happy to wind my neck in, if it's deemed out of order.

You're absolutely right. The trick lies in knowing which bits are funny and which bits aren't.

Good luck with your injury. 'Shin splints'' and 'stress fracture' are general terms that cover a multitude of possibilities, by the way. In a serious case your leg will actually break, in minor cases it's sorted in a fortnight; hence the window test.
Lool u see good advice apart from the window test lol,,,, thanks anyways:)