Shine splints

Norn_ireland

Clanker
I've been diagnosed with shin splints, after putting it off for to long I finally sought help, was put on light duties they booked me an mri, got told I have stress fractures in both my shines and there's liquid in there, I am now on a an ap9, temporarily mnd, for a 6-9 month period, I was informed today by a member of my chain of command that if you're mnd for 6 months it changes to permanent and it would have implications on my career, I don't particularly want to be biffed permanently, they said something along the lines of if its happened once it is more than likely going to happen again, so if I get put down as permanent would I get kicked out?

I've been diagnosed with shin splints, after putting it off for to long I finally sought help, was put on light duties they booked me an mri, got told I have stress fractures in both my shines and there's liquid in there, I am now on a an ap9, temporarily mnd, for a 6-9 month period, I was informed today by a member of my chain of command that if you're mnd for 6 months it changes to permanent and it would have implications on my career, I don't particularly want to be biffed permanently, they said something along the lines of if its happened once it is more than likely going to happen again, so if I get put down as permanent would I get kicked out?
Depends what your trade is and if your CoC are willing to support you.
If you are a junior who hasn't completed their promotion course, the chances are you never will.

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
I'm not an expert on biff chits but from personal experience it's a transient condition, albeit it takes a good while to heal up properly, so I can't see why you would be MND perm if you're expected to make a full recovery. Unless you've got some musculoskeletal disorder then I don't think you're any more likely to suffer it again provided you identify the cause (in my case just a bit too much training plus not enough proper rest) and follow a proper training plan when you're fixed.

Norn_ireland

Clanker
I'm not an expert on biff chits but from personal experience it's a transient condition, albeit it takes a good while to heal up properly, so I can't see why you would be MND perm if you're expected to make a full recovery. Unless you've got some musculoskeletal disorder then I don't think you're any more likely to suffer it again provided you identify the cause (in my case just a bit too much training plus not enough proper rest) and follow a proper training plan when you're fixed.
Cheers mate, stressed atm over it tbh

Cheers mate, stressed atm over it tbh
Get back down to the Med Centre. I would not accept the word of someone in your CoC over that of an MO, they will be able to give you chapter and verse regarding downgrading policy and may be able to give you a better idea of what your recovery is likely to be.

Latest Threads