Sherbet Fountains

A dip-dab is in a red and yellow packet with a red strawberry flavoured lolly. The sherbert fountain is a completely different beast, looking like it was packaged by hand in 1947.

E-Layer said:
since when did they stop being called 'Dip Dab'?
Nay lad Dib Dabs were the sherbet in an envelope with a lolly to lick and stick.

What was the one with the liquorice 'straw' that stuck out the end and when you tried to 'suck up' the sherbet through it you ended up having a coughing fit and spewing?

Chroist I'm losing it..........

Khali..now that beat sherbert hands down.
Used to be in big plastic tubs in the sweetie shop to buy by the quarter...or 2oz if you didn't have enough money...a psychodelic coloured sand type texture that made your tongue dance and eyes cross. :D

I'm dissappointed. I thought 'Shebert Fountains' was going to be some euphemsim for a great sexual experience.

I'll get my coat :oops:

Suppose it could be if you shoved a quarter of it up your japs eye before the vinager stroke :D

Fat_Cav said:
I'm dissappointed. I thought 'Shebert Fountains' was going to be some euphemsim for a great sexual experience.

Don't think your far off the mark FC.... From what i can remember to eat one you had to bite the ends of the liquorice off and you sucked until you went purple and ,just before you blacked out from lack of oxygen, half the packet suddenly shot straight up into your lungs causing some sort of auto-asphixiation... a 1970's test of manhood to see if you died of suffocation or not.

bossyboots said:
Khali..now that beat sherbert hands down.
especially when you emptied the full 1/4 bag of it into a tin of Panda Cola then shook it up.... then you had to spend the rest of the day being chased by wasps after covering both yourself and your mates in the psycodelic slurry

G

gdm.bizkit

I'v enot had a dibdap in ages, Really gonna need to go get one now...
YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF C|_|NTS, IM ON A DIET :L

Is nothing sacred anymore? I've only just got over Smarties now packaged in a hexagonal carton! :x

JRHartley said:
Fat_Cav said:

Don't think your far off the mark FC.... From what i can remember to eat one you had to bite the ends of the liquorice off and you sucked until you went purple and ,just before you blacked out from lack of oxygen, half the packet suddenly shot straight up into your lungs causing some sort of auto-asphixiation... a 1970's test of manhood to see if you died of suffocation or not.
JR, you weren't a Tory MP in your yoof were you?

I used to go in to my local sweet shop, go to the end of the isle and stuff as many sweets into my mouth as possible and eat them before purchasing a messily half penny chew, tight Cnut.

E-Layer said:
What was the one with the liquorice 'straw' that stuck out the end and when you tried to 'suck up' the sherbet through it you ended up having a coughing fit and spewing?
That's the sherbet fountain I remember, right enough - it was either 1d or a halfpenny, and value for money, too. Another bargain from those times was Black Sambos at four for 1d (you could even buy them singly for a farthing in some shops, till they did away with that wonderful old coin). Then there were Dolly Mixtures ... Rowntree's Fruit Gums (No Smoking!) ... and chocolate chewing nuts. Ah, happy days!

Sherbet Fountains,

they were the ones you gave to certain girls to check out their oral capabilities, and if one of your best mates was capable of eating one without trouble they went on the suspect list.

E-Layer said:

Chroist I'm losing it..........
More disappointment, just purchased this rascal after reading this thread and the liquorice is solid, is nothing sacred anymore the b@stards?

Attachments

Latest Threads