Sheer Unadulterated Genius

Outfuckingstanding!!

I've just outsourced my job to North Korea and as a bonus fifteen little blokes, working in shifts, with very small cocks, will try and service my missus every weekend for me!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
He's nearly as idle as his company's security staff who should be continually looking for odd activities in the respective databases. I suspect this will cause a number of other companies to go checking their VPN logs.

But as a way of fiddling your employer, it was a class act - particularly as the BBC report went on to say:

Evidence even suggested he had the same scam going across multiple companies in the area. All told, it looked like he earned several hundred thousand dollars a year, and only had to pay the Chinese consulting firm about $50,000 (£31,270) annually.
Why fiddle one company when you can fiddle several? And with the added bonus that the more work he didn't do, the more he got paid.

Genius...

Wordsmith

I would have promoted him not fired him. What he does now is set up his own consultancy..surely.

its a pity this kinda stuff is illegal, your effectively employing someone who may otherwise not even had a job. He gets paid, our guy sits around 'watching cat videos', also gets paid, company still gets the benefit because the work is still being done. 3 parties instead of two get a good result.
This guys a pure legend whatever the press say about him.

In the mid-eighties in Kenya I asked the QM why we paid the choggies such piss poor wages. His reply was that, if we paid them the going UK wage they would get someone in to do the job at the Kenyan rate and sit on their arses watching them. So, nothing new there then.

Brilliant! I wish I could do the same, but my job is a bit too 'hands on' to be able to get away with it.

That's pretty good going. With a bit of luck I'll find out next Monday whether my plan to outsource my work to a member of the TA has any chance of success. Watch this space...?

T

Taffd

Don't really understand the problem. There's a whole industry of outsourcing computer-based work to free-lancers. Sub-contracting occurs in lots of industries.

It's pretty common practice for self employed software developers to outsource at least the monkey work portion of their job.
Of course, matey boy was on salary, no doubt with medical and dental and a fat 401(K) - to say nothing of sending a firm in China his VPN token and logon credentials to the corporate network. You watch his ex-employer sue the bollocks off him.

Of course, matey boy was on salary, no doubt with medical and dental and a fat 401(K) - to say nothing of sending a firm in China his VPN token and logon credentials to the corporate network. You watch his ex-employer sue the bollocks off him.
I'd say if they can trace the malware back to the company who did the actual work, his employers could have him down to the scar tissue from his appendix op.