Sheep killing poll

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Escape-from-PPRuNe, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Small arms

2. Artillery

3. Love it to death

4. Vehicle

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How would YOU do confronted with the woolly foe? Which method would you use to dispatch a sheep?
  2. msr

msr LE

You forgot 'Bare Hands'. Someone out there knows who they are...

3. Don't know how it happened but my mortar section failed terribly. Sheep walked onto our target, bomb goes off and up flies the sheep. While she's in mid-air her legs scrambling like hell trying to run away.
    Never found out what happened to it but it wasn't on the impact area when we finished, must have thick skin to have survived that.
  4. Right what is it with the TA and sheep?
  5. msr

msr LE

Someone is being economical with the truth, according to my sources...

Anyway, haven't you read the latest 'Soldier' magazine?

6. Wasn't that story bout rescuing sheep, not killing them?

Could be onto a good idea with the sheep for arms deal: One sheep=desert boots, two sheep and you get a rifle(working... with ammo), three sheep and you get in on the raffle for body armour. The Q stores would be quids in for wool.

Could also be a good source for people looking for prosphetic limbs.

I'll shut up now.
  7. Get sum good target practice in with the LSW!
  8. ideal sheep killing weapon system (when did rifles and machine guns become weapon systems ?) richoet hit a sheep at 600m point kept firing
    at it till it became a stain at least 6 mags worth :lol: well had to make sure
    it was dead
  9. Ah but weapon systems covers a whole range of opportunities: Dynamite on a timer and send them running towards the enemy ala worms style.

Either that or MLRS.
  10. Rumour Control states that a UOTC Gun Troop vaporised a sheep aided by their Light Gun and an over eager FOO Party.... any takers?

Also a few duty rumours floating about involving a MILAN, a sheep and Castlelaw Ranges.
  11. The limitation on post options got me. I wanted to include cold steel, a/tk weapons, air power, black sapper arts too...
  12. How about sending them on patrols in the Gazza strip as an option?
  13. I always found Sennybridge ranges the best for sheep killin.Especially Gimpy training.
    The welsh farmers always new what ranges we were on.
    Onestly Sarge,I was aiming at the target.!!!!! :D :D :D :D
  14. Sennybridge in the sixties, 25 pounder guns, live firing. The welsh farmers used to cull their flocks for the 'scrappies' which would fetch a couple of quid in the market and drive them onto the impact area where we would oblige with "Enemy troops in the open - 3 rounds fire for effect". The cnuts would then charge the MOD fifteen quid apeice for prime lamb. :lol:
  15. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Personally I found that a bolt gun and somebody holding the horns was the most effective way to kill several hundred sheep a day. It wasn't the killing them that was the problem, it was the catching them in the first place...

...and who thought Op SLUBBER would be a good name for killing animals anyway?