Sheds ? Yesterday's compost heap.

K

Kirkz

Don't you know the use of the word s**d is banned on this site?
It's a temporary wooden structure!!! FFS :)

My wheelbarrow is 17 years old, there are a couple of rust holes in it, but the tyre is still ok. What a bargain it was.

The Temporary Wooden Structure arrives on the 28th of this month, all tongue and groove (what does that conjure up pictures of Hmmmmm) It is only 6x4, so will be small but perfectly formed.

My wheelbarrow is 17 years old, there are a couple of rust holes in it, but the tyre is still ok. What a bargain it was.

The Temporary Wooden Structure arrives on the 28th of this month, all tongue and groove (what does that conjure up pictures of Hmmmmm) It is only 6x4, so will be small but perfectly formed.
I inherited my Grandads.I've changed the tyre and wheel,the body and the handles,but it is in original condition otherwise.

K

Kirkz

Be sure to fit it out with old furniture and kitchen cabinets rescued from skips etc!!! Then get yer arse into the Autumn Season of Mellow Fruitfulness thread and enjoy :wink:

Hmmm, 6 x 4 is dissapointedly small for such a structure.... How about adding a porch and an extension? A handy rack for those useful, but long, odd bits that are too useful to chuck out, but would otherwise clutter the structure. Plus remember to position said structure to leave a useful space behind or next to it, that you can roof over with board or tarp. Makes a useful space for a deckchair and quiet, reflective, moments to enjoy a beer or three.

Finally, consider the paint job. Olive green or camouflage is good, but avoid using those horrid blue tarps, makes the place look tacky like a junk yard. Just a couple of thoughts...

However, for winter use I can recommend using a small wood burning stove. Gives heat, a handy place for a kettle, and a nice ambience [smell] to the place. Camp Bling, Southend, used to be the place for inspiration; Gallery: Camp Bling from start to finish

Just my tuppence worth, take it or leave it, 'tis your structure...

K

Kirkz

Hmmm, 6 x 4 is dissapointedly small for such a structure.... How about adding a porch and an extension? A handy rack for those useful, but long, odd bits that are too useful to chuck out, but would otherwise clutter the structure. Plus remember to position said structure to leave a useful space behind or next to it, that you can roof over with board or tarp. Makes a useful space for a deckchair and quiet, reflective, moments to enjoy a beer or three.

Finally, consider the paint job. Olive green or camouflage is good, but avoid using those horrid blue tarps, makes the place look tacky like a junk yard. Just a couple of thoughts...

However, for winter use I can recommend using a small wood burning stove. Gives heat, a handy place for a kettle, and a nice ambience [smell] to the place. Camp Bling, Southend, used to be the place for inspiration; Gallery: Camp Bling from start to finish

Just my tuppence worth, take it or leave it, 'tis your structure...
Having viewed the camp bling link!
I see what you mean about those blue tarps!!!
Looks proper fucking pikey it does :)

Alas my temporary wooden structure needs a new tar paper thingy roof tried focus today but no joy any one any ides where to get them the long haired Hitler is moaning that its letting water in.

As to the wheel barrow had mine ever since I borrowed it from a work site in Germany mid 80s I must take it back one day.

can you still get them ones that instead of a wheel it was just a big plastic ball? I am sure they used one in the blue peter garden. The flash bastards.

Having viewed the camp bling link!
I see what you mean about those blue tarps!!!
Looks proper fucking pikey it does :)
Enough to give you the Blue Tarp Blues...

An old wheelbarrow makes an excellent improvised BBQ :)
I can confirm this, with the use of chicken wire attached (in my case) to two planks of wood as a grill. :)

Oh, it's all so bloody easy to mock sheds and think you can get away with it, isn't it? Well you'll be laughing on the other side of your face when you meet one that's had enough of your "look at me" act and loses it. Just ask Mr Lucas here:

BBC News - Are You Being Served? star Trevor Bannister dies at 76

Be warned: Kids, never take sweets off a strange shed, and old men, never chuck yourself around by the handle in one without having a nurse on standby.

Bugger sheds. Wheelbarrows are IT. They ARE.
Wheelbarrows - no they just mean hard labour ( in a relatively efficient sort of way).

They will never oust a structure that can provide shelter from the rain, protection from nagging and temperamental females, quiet solitude in which to contemplate nature in its many forms (it has walls on which full colour illustrations may be placed (suitably camouflaged of course), a little fridge for "cocktails", a home for hedgehogs, a place where the next invention which startles the world may come from, a place where that tool you thought would be useful but you used only once may be stored. In short, no man is complete without one no matter how many wheelbarrows he owns.

Someone may borrow your wheelbarrow and damage it or never return it. It is unlikely anyone will borrow the other.

And by the way please stop calling them "temporary". Mine (I have three!) are permanent enough to outlast me and I sometimes think of the future and those who have to clear them out when I "downsize" to the one with brass handles. They will certainly earn their inheritance as they rummage through three-quarters of a century (I'm not going yet awhile) of accumulated "it might be usefuls" in the search for that elusive item for the Antiques Roadshow.

Boy will they be disappointed!

I'm confused..why would you want to attach chicken wire to Kirkz and Ducky???? :scratch:
This so that he can hang Kirkz and Ducky on the outside of the barrow (not too close to the heat - or for that matter the food).
When they are suitably charred they will make reasonable charcoal. At least I think that's what he meant.

On the other hand why should G_M be permitted to be so cruel. Kirkz and Ducky are just two more harmless old fools with time on their hands. I vote we buy more charcoal instead - if Kirkz and Ducky bring more beer.