sharpshooter course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by dustydog, Jun 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a sharpshooter course in the TA or even in the regular army at all ?
  2. If your unit, TA or Reg, requires you to use a Sharpshooter then they will send you on a course.
  3. is there one in NI or would it be run in the mainland in brecon for example?
  4. What a load of shit that is!
  5. If you mean to use the L129 - Probably not, I highly doubt any TA Bn's has any to actually train with. If mobilising the Bn you're going with can put you on one.

If you mean in general... It's down to the TA Battalion if they want to run one internally, mine does but obviously not with the L129. We were lucky to have some ex-regular Sniper SNCOs and one or two PSIs with the same experience. Does it add to capability? Not really in our peacetime weekend warrior-ing. We can't afford the man power on a Bn Weekend to let a load of blokes that did an internal course to run around pretending to snipe so the 'Sharpshooters' just find themselves with a crap certificate and still bodding it in a Platoon.
  6. From what i know there is no current course to use the sharpshooter weapon, just like any other weapom just a WHT and ACMT. None of the blokes i know who've used it went on some special course. However i may be wrong.
  7. i just wanna use it, looks ally as ****!!!
  8. Yeah, it's alright.
  9. Try getting on a CMCQ course first to improve your shooting, it's a step closer....