Sharia law in UK is unavoidable

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by headgear, Feb 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taken off BBC website - Like Fuck is whatb I think!!!!

Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

Dr Williams says Muslims should have a choice in legal disputes
    The Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams says the adoption of Islamic Sharia law in the UK is "unavoidable".
    Dr Williams told BBC Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

Dr Williams argues that establishing Sharia law in the UK would help maintain social cohesion.

In an exclusive interview ahead of a lecture to lawyers in London later on Monday, Dr Williams proposes that Muslims be able to choose whether to have issues like marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in Sharia-compliant proceedings or the existing legal system.

Dr Williams argues this relies on Sharia law being better understood. At the moment, he says "sensational reporting of opinion polls" clouds the issue.

He stresses that "nobody in their right mind would want to see in this country the kind of inhumanity that's sometimes been associated with the practice of the law in some Islamic states".

2. 'Who will rid me of this troublesome Priest...'
  3. msr

msr LE

The man wants putting out of his misery.
  4. it's unavoidable with tw*ts like Williams as Archbishop of C, and Brown in no 10.
  5. Well, Rowan did refer to himself as a bearded leftie - a self-fulfilling prophesy it would seem.
    I tend to the Aussie Rules thing: this is our country; you want to come in, you play by our rules. You don't want to play by our rules, the door is over there, don't slam it on your way out.
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Why would I put any store in the words of a man who believes in an imaginary friend? Fcuking idiot. :roll:
  7. hmmm ... integration Limp Deb style :mad:
  8. if we can make up our own legal systems.... I want my own one too!!

I get to do what I want, when I want, who I want.

We cannot make up our own laws.

You (the people who want sharia) live in this country because it is a good (relatively) place to live. This is in no small part because of our laws. If you want to live under a different legal system - go somewhere else.

9. Did any one actually read what he said, only for civil matters where it would be no different in effect to the various other non court based systems for dealing with disputes. Our law would merely see it as another mediation/arbritration system.

Just for a moment think of the benefits, less clutter in the courts, less money ,making opportunity fro lawyers, now that has to be good.
  10. I really dispair at the sheer stupidity of those who run this country... I really honestly do not understand how they can be so fecking stupid.
  11. maxi 77 - this would open the door and then you can never go back! - mind you stoning women to death and cutting hands off in Trafalgar square might bring in more tourists!

In Islamic countries our laws would never be allowed - quite rightly as its their country - the same goes here
  12. Oh dear- and you were doing so well.
    Any man who doesn't believe in God is a fcuking loser :D

Sharia law IS avoidable and MUST be avoided.
    I'm outraged, no really I am :evil:
  13. Are you completely insane? Good for who? For British born moslem women for example? God help this country :evil:
  14. ...and breathe. :)

If Rowan Williams wants to take the Church further into the mire which is current UK politics, maybe he should be so good as to spend the next few weeks touring the UK's Mosques and explaining this to the moderate majority and see just what their thoughts are on this. Maybe next time he fancies taking the media by storm he could do it with the slightest insight into the mindset of those he seeks to salve. Surprising the government hasn't put the CoE out to a PFI deal with one of the big five yet - think about the real estate possibilities. :)
  15. Yes they should.