Sharia law in the UK?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Troy, Feb 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fellow ARRSERS.

I visited an American forum recently where some had mentioned that we now had the sharia law here in the UK.

So thinking I was putting the matter straight I told him that it was news to me and I live here, I hadn't heard of this or seen it in the press. So you can imagine my surprise and consternation when another American simply posted a couple of links that go back to 2008. Which show that he was right and the sharia law is being used. It's only being used for arbitration in civil cases so far, but surely it's the thin end of the wedge. Apparantly there has been a Jewish equivalent around for even longer, so the muslims reckon it's only right for them to have the same.

Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts -Times Online

sharia law in england - Google Search

But where will this lead? I can imagine a time when pikeys have their own "pikey Law" or illegal immigrants bring their own laws too and I wouldn't be happy with that.

How far will this go? Supposing one day one of your kids is dragged before a muslim court here in the UK to answer for some supposed offence agianst islam?

There's talk and fuss just now about EU laws being enforced here, such as giving convicts the vote, and yet it seems to me that UK laws are being undermined through the back door.

Anyway, ranting aside, did everyone else know about this? Surely I can't be the only one who didn't know?

2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well, the links below in the 'similar threads' box would suggest that, yes, you were the only one.

3. Rugby has its laws too, yet I don't think everyone is going to be forced to be a loosehead prop. This thread has been done countless times, but never fails to be dull.

Giving convicts the vote had bugger all to do with the EU. Stop reading (and believing) tabloids - or Americans that get their 'knowledge' from tabloids.

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm afraid you'll find that was the European Court of Human Rights. Nothing to do with the EU at all.

5. Just like the Church of England has its own court too...

6. ok, thanks chaps It seems that I've just made a pratt of myself (again). I'll have to pay more attention to what's going on in future. Thanks for you replies anyway.

Maybe a kindly mod could shred and burn this thread to save it making the place untidy.

7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Ow for fucks sake you're a moron, and so that eejit you were talking to on the other forum: They are arbitration service not courts in the true sense, the operate just like the Beth Din - the Jewish version (which btw they have in the states aswell)

Go back to the forum tell him to read this thread in the link below, and then go and investigate "foreign law" operating in the US - just like the Beth Din or Church Law (Catholic and Anglican) and Tribal Law on the Indian Reservations.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/113328-britain-‘has-least-85-sharia-law-courts’.html

8. Where does The European Court of Justice (the EU 'court,' this one in Luxembourg with the power to enforce EU law in member states) come into play then?

Perhaps if 'cast iron dave' had given our Country a vote regarding our continuing membership of The Eu,this debate would never have happened.

9. Jesus no wonder Muslim men are always percieved to be angry intolerant people! I have enough trouble being happy and positive with only one woman and we aint even married yet!

10. Two wrongs don't make a right... Sharia law is not like crown green bowling regs!

The problem with these insidious religious courts is that they all wrong but especially Sharia law... To appease islam in any way is to surrender your own culture to an evil ideology that is hell bent on taking over the world...and they are more than happy to use violence in the process. To appease islam is also to place at risk the the lives of non muslims, not to mention minority groups and women.

You have heard it all before but don't stick your heads in the sand...that's a form of stupidity and cowardice.

Never underestimate your enemy.....remember?

11. I'm all for it and I think it should be the full sharia and enforced retrospectively. Think of the piles of lopped hands from all those benefits cheats and shop lifters!