Sharia courts in the UK, fatwas in support of Jihad in Syria, all on British soil?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pashtun_Nationalis, Aug 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wanted to open this discussion with you guys on the topic of issuing Islamic Jihadi Fatwas on British soil in support of foreign conflicts i.e Syria.

Here is a part pasted from the article, if you look at the people mentioned, they are all pro Muslim Brotherhood and Pro Alqaeda types, but what caught my eye, was the head of the Sharia Courts in the UK, a Mr Naitham al Hadad.

"Dr Yusuf al-Qaradawi, president of the International Union of Muslim Scholars, Dr Ali Gomaa, grand mufti of Egypt, Sheikh Rachid al-Ghannouchi, founder of the Ennahda party in Tunisia and Dr Haitham al-Haddad from the UK Muslim Research and Development Foundation have signed up."

Muslim Scholars Impose Fatwa on Syrian Army - International Business Times UK

Their Fatwa goes on the grounds of :-

"It is not permissible to remain in service in the Syrian army and the security forces in the current circumstances. It is a duty to desert the forces and to stand against them."

What amazes me, is the fact that the UK claims to be in a conflict with Islamism on a global scale, correct me if I am wrong, but why are British Nationals of Arab origin, running Sharia courts, which are gender biased, oppressive and lack equality allowed to sign fatwas alongside some of the worst anti-western, pro Khalifate, Pro Jihadi Islamic figures/clerics in the Arab Muslim world?

How come the Western press or the public not addressed this very concerning issue and confronted Mr Al Hadad for being in support of Jihad in Syria,, ahhh yes, wait, the British government, who couldnt even take the 7/7 victims into consideration, have decided to support the same people who probably screemed Allah ho akber when those bombings happened.

What's your view, is it acceptible for British Nationals to issue fatwas in support for Jihads abroad?

2. I had a lovely big farmhouse omelette for breakfast.

3. Drivel and utter tosh,welcome back AK.....Did you get wet yesterday or was you hiding under the bed scared of the thunder....

4. Oh dear, another one come to bore the arrse off us. They must get some sexual pleasure or they are too dim to start their own site.

5. Who gives a ****? A fatwa has no legal force, meaning or precedent under UK law. It's exactly same as the Tilehurst End singing "You're going to get your ******* head kicked in!".

6. I think the more important point alluded to by the OP is that perhaps it might be considered that Britain lends legitimacy to such declarations by default through allowing it to be made and not formally denouncing it.

On the face of it, I agree, who cares. But it is how it is seen by those outside the UK that might be considered to do more harm.

7. Except a Tilehurst End chant may actually come true.

8. AK you are so last season, things have moved on. William Hague, will be Insha'Allahing that Fatwa as his baldy little head bumps on the prayer mat. It's supporting DC and therefore HMG policy which is to bring down the Baath and bugger the consequences.

The Takfiri international are now brave freedom fighters heroically opposing Satanic pro-regime forces in Syria. It's like back in the days of the 40th army's Pashtun war, they'll be on the cover of Guns & Ammo again soon.

It's a little inconvenient that we are still in a ruck with the talibans but Barry has spoken, most of the US force is high tailing it in 2014. So it looks like we'll be handing the keys of Kabul to Sirajuddin Haqqani shortly, he'll be having tea at No 10 before you know it.

9. If we were to reverse things around and lets say the Taliban issue a fatwa that British Muslims in the British army should disobey their officers and fight for Islam and Quran, I think some here would think differently.

Mr Al Hadad is a British National, who has signed a agreement alongside well known pro Jihadi Anti West Islamic clerics,I am sure that would be a bit concerning, since he is running Sharia courts on your soil, the same courts, that dictate that women are worth half of a man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well said, but would it not be in your interests to atleast keep Islamofacism to a halt in the West?

11. That's put me in the mood for a falafel.

12. Formally denouncing something can often give weight to the original statement, ignoring it the same way as you do with any random ineffectual loony on the High St with his bottle of Frosty Jack, is often the better option.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seeing as the Taliban are Sunni and consider fatwas to be non-binding I'd still say you were talking out of your fat, plastic-Afghan arse.

I think I'll have a pork and stuffing baguette for my lunch today.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I had a bacon omelette, I fashioned it in to the likeness of the prophet before I ate it with HP sauce, sinful!

15. I hope it was decent oak-smoked short back bacon. Anything less would be blasphemy.