Shared Parental Leave.

Has anyone actually given this a go? Sproglet number 1 is due this week and I know I need to give 15 weeks notice which is fine as I wouldn't be looking to take the leave til March 18.

Doing some Google research and depending who you listen to, it seems that less than 2% of fathers have been taking this offer up.

Some of the reasons range from females not earning as much as their husbands and that a lot of males who are interested are put off as they feel like 'guinea pig's, or that companies themselves don't know how to implement the leave and are burying their collective heads in the sand.

I'm genuinely interested to hear some views on this, serious or otherwise..

Last edited:
Have you seen what babies put in their nappies? As for the smell...

Babies should be breast-fed and dads aren't suitably equipped.

Until you get the results of the DNA test, how do you know it's even yours?

I've had two kids and changed a grand total of one wet nappy. I've done my share.

Yuk! Is it too late for you to get a dog instead?

If you are serving I would suggest a chat with you RAO, if a civilian your HR department should have the answers.

If not, ask @The_Snail if she's feeling nice, she might be a able to help?

Failing that, fook it, go AWOL, what's the worst that can happen?

MB

Have you seen what babies put in their nappies? As for the smell...

Good point well presented..

Babies should be breast-fed and dads aren't suitably equipped.

Do my moobs not count for anything?

Until you get the results of the DNA test, how do you know it's even yours?

Now you mention It, the Mrs has been suggesting names like Winston and Leroy Jr

I've had two kids and changed a grand total of one wet nappy. I've done my share.

I salute you good Sir.

Yuk! Is it too late for you to get a dog instead?

Got one of them and two massive flufball cats, whose shit incidentally smells worse than Satan's bum hole.

Yup, will have a chat with the RAWO and get some more gen, although I'm fairly happy with the process itself, just interested to see if any blerks on here have actually given it a go.

I'm not sure if the snail is available, she may be too busy picking choons and befriending young naive arrsers...

Last edited: