Share your supplement recipe wins.......

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by PrinceAlbert, Jan 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently perfected, what I like to think, the ultimate supplement drink. I have one every morning, and again 30 mins before training.

To make:

Pour 180ml (approx) of semi-skimmed milk into a shaker.
    Add a heaped serving of Gold Standard double rich chocolate 100% Whey (serving spoon provided by manufacturer)
    Add a heaped tea-spoon of Sci-MX Creatine Monohydrate on top.
    Add a double shot of espresso from a coffee machine (a 3rd of a mug of strong coffee will suffice if you don't have a coffee machine)

Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, and it's ready to drink.

The hot coffee helps break down the Creatine and disolve the bits. The milk cools the coffee, and you're left with a perfectly smooth supplement version of a Starbucks Mocha Frappaccino.

Nom nom nom nom nom

Does anyone else have any training drinks that they've stacked, and enjoyed?

2. I await your impending cardiac arrest with baited breath.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Two scoops Gaspari Myofusion ,one scoop creatine plus orange Gatorade.Tastes like liquid Terrys Chocolate Orange

4. Chocolate soya drink post long run is about as adventurous as it gets for me. I can't even handle a coffee these days ...

5. You've lost me there. Do you know what the supplements contain? I assume not.

I have a high protein "shake", low volume (comparatively speaking), that you're welcome to try.

Not even espresso??

6. God knows why people drink coffee....its quite minging.

7. 1 Scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 spoonful of crunchy peanut butter
    handfull of ice cubes
    250ml milk

stick it all in the blender and enjoy

8. Standard NATO coffee post long run.
    Pre any run I usually drink a couple of large glasses of squash

9. 2 decent scoops MyProtein.co.uk whey protein isolate (unflavoured)
    Couple of drops of either the vanilla, chocolate or banana flavouring (to taste)
    A banana
    A Muller Light banana custard yogurt
    350ml skimmed Cravendale
    4-6 ice cubes
    (spoonful of SciMX creatine optional)
    Blend til ice in tiny slivers

Drink about an hour before a training session. ******* lovely.

10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Nothing before exercise, or just toast, honey and coffee, and beer afterwards. Works for me.