• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Shapeing the Best Beret

Put it in hot water for a while, rinse it out and shape it on your head. Once thats done take it off carefull and put on radiator. Failing that, get a smaller one.

But for fck sake dont walk about with a two way stretch in it like some pathetic tankies or RCT used to do. It gets pulled down the righthand side not both. There was nothing that wound me up more than a muppet tankie or other Corps person with a two way stretch in his beret.

BT.

If anyone has got any tips about shaping a beret with the SCOTS capbadge on it then let me know. I've got to where it like a TOS with badge round the left but it doesn't shape very well at all.

aston said:
hello all
want some views and techniques in shapeing theberet so it got hardly any overhang
cheers
Submerse in hot and cold water alternatley (quiet a few times) stick on ya head then shape the thing with ya capbadge in it..After rinsing of course...

Enjoy!

Brew_Time said:
Put it in hot water for a while, rinse it out and shape it on your head. Once thats done take it off carefull and put on radiator. Failing that, get a smaller one.

But for fck sake dont walk about with a two way stretch in it like some pathetic tankies or RCT used to do. It gets pulled down the righthand side not both. There was nothing that wound me up more than a muppet tankie or other Corps person with a two way stretch in his beret.

BT.
There was a reason why quite a lot of Tankies and Cav blokes ended up with berets with a two way stretch as you called it. Anyway I thought the proper way to where a beret was right and rear!!! :blowkiss:

Brew_Time said:

BT.
sorry mate we never used to wear them like that

jase2472 said:
Brew_Time said:

BT.
sorry mate we never used to wear them like that
Thats ok then jase2472 - no need to aplogise mate.

BT. :thumright:

Brew_Time said:

BT.
"pathetic", "muppet"? Wind it in. FYI I also thought they looked sh-it.

The berets from HM Supplies are good quality, i've got one and i never had to go through the hole process of hot-cold-hot-cold... Just put it in cold water once, shaped it and let it dry and it looks quite good. :geek:

Also, if you wanna get the beret nice and thin like; i sugest you cut out the inner lining, it usually helps.

Gibboe

Evening gentlemen,

Try shaping a caubeen, especially when you are a 13 year old cadet!

Took me four years to get it right, after showering with it, washing machining it and sometimes beating it to death against a wall.

Don't even get me started on the hackle.

Count yourself lucky you have a beret :D

Best wishes.

-PAN

Panoptes said:
Evening gentlemen,

Try shaping a caubeen, especially when you are a 13 year old cadet!

Took me four years to get it right, after showering with it, washing machining it and sometimes beating it to death against a wall.

Don't even get me started on the hackle.

Count yourself lucky you have a beret :D

Best wishes.

-PAN
lolol... is there not some law against cruelty to headwear? Beating it against a wall! Dispicable! :shakefist:

Apparently nowadays you dont have to wear your beret round camp, if you feel its against your religion!

Marky5503, your right about religion

Just back from a weekend down at pirbright, two recruits down there thought they would try the system, they stated they were not going to wear there berets due to there religion.
The instructor did not know the rules and did not know who to ask, so the two recruits spent the weekend wearing helmets?

"you are no longer white, you are no longer black, you are GREEN, you are dark GREEN."

I wish that were the bloody case. Sodding religion in the forces.

Latest Threads