Shapeing the Best Beret

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by aston, Mar 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello all
    want some views and techniques in shapeing theberet so it got hardly any overhang
    cheers

2. Put it in hot water for a while, rinse it out and shape it on your head. Once thats done take it off carefull and put on radiator. Failing that, get a smaller one.

But for fck sake dont walk about with a two way stretch in it like some pathetic tankies or RCT used to do. It gets pulled down the righthand side not both. There was nothing that wound me up more than a muppet tankie or other Corps person with a two way stretch in his beret.

BT.

3. If anyone has got any tips about shaping a beret with the SCOTS capbadge on it then let me know. I've got to where it like a TOS with badge round the left but it doesn't shape very well at all.

4. Submerse in hot and cold water alternatley (quiet a few times) stick on ya head then shape the thing with ya capbadge in it..After rinsing of course...

Enjoy!

5. Nomad,
    You need to get a decent beret in the first palce, generally the ones from the man at Q&M's tend to be on the large side as it is.
    Pay a visit to http://www.dubora.com/index.php?main_page=index
    they have got some good ones easy to shape.

Regards,
    Wee man.

6. There was a reason why quite a lot of Tankies and Cav blokes ended up with berets with a two way stretch as you called it. Anyway I thought the proper way to where a beret was right and rear!!! :blowkiss:

7. sorry mate we never used to wear them like that

8. Thats ok then jase2472 - no need to aplogise mate.

BT. :thumright:

9. Can also recommend shaving off excess fluff before wear. Marginally off topic, but relevant nonetheless.

10. As it happens I bought this one from Louis Bernard which was far better than issued. Still a bit guff though.

11. "pathetic", "muppet"? Wind it in. FYI I also thought they looked sh-it.

12. The berets from HM Supplies are good quality, i've got one and i never had to go through the hole process of hot-cold-hot-cold... Just put it in cold water once, shaped it and let it dry and it looks quite good. :geek:

Also, if you wanna get the beret nice and thin like; i sugest you cut out the inner lining, it usually helps.

Gibboe

13. i found yer best bet is to do the hot and cold thing but then keep it on yer noggin till dry as it will dry to the shape of yer heed not the radiator nuff said.....

14. i found yer best bet is to do the hot and cold thing but then keep it on yer noggin till dry as it will dry to the shape of yer heed not the radiator nuff said.....

15. Evening gentlemen,

Try shaping a caubeen, especially when you are a 13 year old cadet!

Took me four years to get it right, after showering with it, washing machining it and sometimes beating it to death against a wall.

Don't even get me started on the hackle.

Count yourself lucky you have a beret :D

Best wishes.

-PAN