Shannon Matthews - The Directors Cut

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The Kirklees Children Safeguarding Board is due to publish their final report on the Shannon Mathews abduction case.

Her (natural) father has gone to the High Court to ask for the publication of the report to be blocked. BBC News - Shannon Matthews' father bids to block case report (c) Aunty.

Isn't it a bit late for him to be concerned for her welfare?
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

anyone fancy a sweepstake on how often the phrase 'lessons have been learned' is used?
  3. If lessons had been learned he'd have hid her in a better place!
  4. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

No, I just want £1 for every time the 'lessons have been learned' statement is used. It'd make the annual holiday to somewhere fabulous a cost-free undertaking.
  5. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

"Lessons learnt" misses out the vital bit - "Lessons have been learnt - we need to not get caught next time" or "Lessons have been learnt, but we are going to do jack shit about it anyway" Or even "Lessons have been learned. The lowest on the pay scale has been sacked"
  6. May I add: "We welcome this report on ...", etc, etc - used by all authorities when a report, usually criticising them, is released. The Civil Service is especially fond of the phrase. It is typical of Crapspeak which was imposed on us by New Labour which means "we acknowledge the publication of your ill-considered contribution to this problem ........"
  7. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

I'm sticking with the simpler version... it pays for the holiday more quickly. Tequila Sunrise, anyone?