SHANNON MATTHEWS - CHANNEL 4 CUTTING EDGE PROGRAMME

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FredWest, Mar 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You've seen the Fiction, now see the Fact, Shameless the reality show!!!!

CHANNEL 4 - THU 20th MAR 08

Channel 4 are showing a behind the scenes documentary with the mother and step-father of Shannon Matthews over the 5 days preceeding her discovery.

I'm ashamed to be a Yorkshireman!!!

2. Chavtastic Story

3. Given the speculation on the pay-out to the McCann's, if they get a decent lawyer, they should get enough to keep them in Diamond White for the rest of their lives. All they need to do now is take a long look at the 'How Not To Do It' example provided by: Heather Mills... learn from that example and they're laughing all the way to the bank.

4. The wiring diagram for a Challenger is easier to understand than her family tree. I suppose if you're related to the entire estate, it doesn't really matter. :roll:

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Five eyes, 3 arms, 6 legs,two heads! thats what you get from that kind of family tree!

6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

1. Yes ... I was pleased she was found, in a very detached way.

2. What polar said about payment. "But it help 2 ease D sufrinn, innit."

3. "A unique insight" = C4 paid them money, the rest of the Meeja can fork off.

4. "Intense emotional turmoil" = statement of the perfectly goppingly obvious.

5. Frankly I do not give a flying fukc. :wink:

7. I was pleased as well, but only for the little girl.

The rest of the family, it pains me to say it, deserved for her to die so that they would have had a reason to look long and hard at the way they live their sorry inbred lives.

No lessons learned here, I'm afraid. She'll be pregnant by next June, Guarantee it.

8. Poor little kid, she's little better off for being reunited with such a dreadful family

9. Weird TV.

Strange it was filmed so close to me but I felt it was in a different country. Remarks about Southeners (/other end of country) I found amusing, glad they showed the support group - if the two main people in that turned up at my work, I'd hope we'd give them a job.

10. It was interesting to see the criticism they had of the Mcanns, whilst having a camera crew present the whole time. Some of the language and smoking with young kids present astonished me. No love we are not sneering at you because you are poor - its the way you behave.

I did have some respect for the 2 organisers of the support group who actually worked their socks off because they cared.

There are still some unanswered questions about what the hell was going on here. it certainly doesn't look like an abduction.

Also, how come traffic wardens in town will have you towed away for the slightest reason, yet TV trucks can block whole estates without a ticket being issued ?

11. Don't think 9 years old is a bit young even for them :twisted: :twisted:

This ain't Kentucky or Tennessee. :censored:

12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

According to some papers they have already made in excess of 250k in media fees
    So it could end up aproding the Wayne and Waynetta win the lotery sketch from Harry Enfield

Also police state their may be more arrests yet

POLICE probing the disappearance of Shannon Matthews could make more arrests, it was revealed last night.

A “complex and complicated” investigation is now under way into the nine-year-old’s movements before and during her alleged abduction.

The inquiry is focused on three key questions:

Why was Shannon so miserable on the day that she vanished?

What happened to her during the 24 days she was missing?

Why, during the massive search for her, did none of her vast extended family mention relative Michael Donovan, who has been charged with Shannon’s abduction and false imprisonment?

A source close to the prosecution said the answers to those puzzles could trigger further arrests and more criminal charges.

She said: “This is very much an on-going invest-igation with many strands.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/32798/Shannon-cops-will-make-more-arrests-/

13. I’m all for the theory that the entire thing was money making set-up!

Looking at what the McCann’s got (to genuinely find their daughter), maybe they thought it would be a way to make a quick few bucks! Watching them on the TV last night I got the impression that something wasn’t quite tickety boo! Body language, comments, remarks, the general situation! She was less than 1 mile away, taken by a relative, hiding in a bed, no ransom and no obvious motive.

Its all a bit odd!

14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I agree
    How do you forget a relative even with the family tree she has I would have been naming every man and his dog if it was me
    Plus some people have stated that the family were in and out of this guys house as he was a computor bod and helped lent them a computor for the campaign etc

Every day seems to be something different coming out