Shane Williams

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by schweik, Dec 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was in Cardiff today with my 10 year old lad to see Shane's last game for Wales. Pity he couldn't go out with a win, but what a brilliant try in the last play of the game. Fitting exit for a truly world class player.

Did a fantastic interview for the BBC after the game. He was so choked up he could hardly speak. Playing for Wales meant everything for him. Whih is a refreshing attitude when one considers many of today's modern sporting stars from various different sports.

Some of the memories I have of him will never fade - he could change a game in an instant. Whenever he got the ball the crowd drew in its breath and waited for a moment of magic. Will the world ever see his like again?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Just seen the other thread posted a few minutes earlier - mods, feel free to delete this one.

3. Barry John said something about 'last of a dying breed', you just have to hope he's wrong.

4. Don't worry about my thread - Shane deserves as much admiration as anything does. Glad you did a thread - Arrsers have two to chose from!