Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

Choux Bun

Clanker
My bold .. It really is time our country stopped funding the s**tty vultures and penalise them every time they back these anti British terrorists. Questions should be asked of individuals/organisations who seem to delight in backing this sort of filth and punished heavily for their actions which are a real danger to our country!
A couple of years ago some of my operators (and eventually me) were being constantly pestered by some of these so called lawyers, over alleged and totally unfounded incidents in Iraq. I involved my MP (Harriet BALDWIN) who went in to bat on our behalf, the MOD weren't supportive or interested and our unit LEGAD wasn't much help either. Some months afterwards it made the national news that some of these 'great legal minds' had been censored by the law society, a couple were fined for malpractice and the 'adverse' publicity put some of them out of business. Neither my operators or I have been bothered since.
Not saying it was purely my, or my MPs, involvement that exposed and reined these shisters in, but it must have helped.

A couple of years ago some of my operators (and eventually me) were being constantly pestered by some of these so called lawyers, over alleged and totally unfounded incidents in Iraq. I involved my MP (Harriet BALDWIN) who went in to bat on our behalf, the MOD weren't supportive or interested and our unit LEGAD wasn't much help either. Some months afterwards it made the national news that some of these 'great legal minds' had been censored by the law society, a couple were fined for malpractice and the 'adverse' publicity put some of them out of business. Neither my operators or I have been bothered since.
Not saying it was purely my, or my MPs, involvement that exposed and reined these shisters in, but it must have helped.

It wasn't this piece of dogs excrement by any chance Phil Shiner: Iraq human rights lawyer struck off over misconduct

Choux Bun

Clanker
It wasn't this piece of dogs excrement by any chance Phil Shiner: Iraq human rights lawyer struck off over misconduct

I understand he was one of them.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt

Interesting terminology from the BBC: “the schoolgirl who fled London to join the Islamic State group”.

What, exactly, was she ‘fleeing’ from. If it was so bad here that she had to flee, why does she want to come back?

Interesting terminology from the BBC: “the schoolgirl who fled London to join the Islamic State group”.

What, exactly, was she ‘fleeing’ from. If it was so bad here that she had to flee, why does she want to come back?

It's a bit like the 'refugees' we get who flee war torn France.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
It's a bit like the 'refugees' we get who flee war torn France.

Yes, but they’re not fighting court cases, at the UK taxpayers’ expense, to get back there.

TamH70

MIA
I would be under the impression that sticking someone in a Pontins' camp to live in would be construed as excellent grounds for a trial at the International Court in Den Haag.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I would be under the impression that sticking someone in a Pontins' camp to live in would be construed as excellent grounds for a trial at the International Court in Den Haag.

There is another thread just for illegal immigrants migrants, you know.

It looks like the BBC are at least trying to remove the bias. They've deleted 'flee' and inserted 'left':

This is the old one:

-1.jpg

Here's the new one which also misses out the 'schoolgirl'.

-1.jpg

It looks like the BBC are at least trying to remove the bias. They've deleted 'flee' and inserted 'left':

This is the old one:

View attachment 554851

Here's the new one which also misses out the 'schoolgirl'.

View attachment 554850
Any mention of her stealing her sister's passport?

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Why did we find her again? Were we looking?
‘We’ weren’t looking for her. Some journalist in search of a story found her and sold the story (and film interview footage) to the BBC - who lapped it up. Mainstream media weren’t far behind.

Cal me old-fashioned, bur I remember when the media was advised to deny terrorists the ‘oxygen of publicity’. Now it’s who can get on the wires or broadcast the quickest, regardless of the implications or consequences.

Had that ‘interview’ not been broadcast or published, Begum would be languishing anonymously in some refugee camp.

syrup

LE
‘We’ weren’t looking for her. Some journalist in search of a story found her and sold the story (and film interview footage) to the BBC - who lapped it up. Mainstream media weren’t far behind.

Cal me old-fashioned, bur I remember when the media was advised to deny terrorists the ‘oxygen of publicity’. Now it’s who can get on the wires or broadcast the quickest, regardless of the implications or consequences.

Had that ‘interview’ not been broadcast or published, Begum would be languishing anonymously in some refugee camp.

Maybe we should do what Mrs Thatcher did with the IRA and Sinn Fein get actors to voice her.
It would be nice to here her deny she;'s a terrorist in a broad Belfast accent on an Ali G is it coz I is black voice.

If the journo hadn't found her and sold the story she'd already be back in the UK by other means
So maybe for once we should thank the BBC

I'd happily pay my licence fee for that dubbing service. "Ay joined Day-ish, so it is. Ay rrreserve da royt to come back to the yoo kaaay, ya wee konts hey".

In a way its handy to have media coverage of this situation as it is a deterrent to other lunatics that may be tempted to participate in future genocides. It makes it harder for the people promoting caliphate dreams to avoid the "yeah, but" questions. "Yes, you'll get bummed off of a holy warrior & go to paradise. But you're also going to see your children die, live in a tent & use communal bogs in the desert for years without knowing what your life is going to end up as".

Sometimes you're the teacher & sometimes you're the lesson.

Tool

LE
I'd happily pay my licence fee for that dubbing service. "Ay joined Day-ish, so it is. Ay rrreserve da royt to come back to the yoo kaaay, ya wee konts hey".

In a way its handy to have media coverage of this situation as it is a deterrent to other lunatics that may be tempted to participate in future genocides. It makes it harder for the people promoting caliphate dreams to avoid the "yeah, but" questions. "Yes, you'll get bummed off of a holy warrior & go to paradise. But you're also going to see your children die, live in a tent & use communal bogs in the desert for years without knowing what your life is going to end up as".

Sometimes you're the teacher & sometimes you're the lesson.
I prefer "statue" and "pigeon", but the sentiment is the same. It's a very fine line between promoting a terrorist organisation and sending a strong message. So far, I think the "don't do it" message is winning, and sincerely hope it stays that way.

Latest Threads