Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

For me? Nope not at all, nor for a fair few of the ARRSE posters I suspect, but for the political types that would have to pass the laws and the indoctrinated types that would have to enforce them it would be a monumental non starter.
The Law Commission is already suggesting banning cartoons that take the piss out of islam which is basically a heresy rule to protect ONE religion and is fundamentally breaching equality as well as free speech.
We really could use a formal legislation to protect free speech even if it causes "offence".
Free Speech Act Proposed in Wake of Woke Clampdown

As has been pointed out to me on numerous occasions ad hominem attacks do not constitute valid arguments.

I may well be an idiot, I very much doubt I am pink and fluffy, I do read the Guardian, along with the Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Wall Street Journal and Straits Times on a daily basis but none of that detracts from my key point that the UK has almost certainly thrown away a valuable weapon in its arsenal by wasting it on that silly woman (just for the record, maybe things are different in the Phils but in the UK 15 is very much a child).

If that makes me a limp-wristed, effete pansy so be it.
Limp-wristed, effete pansy

No, honestly I don't think it will, because precisely what will happen is as @Lifeboat21 says, she will become a type of test case that means that les autres will be sitting back waiting for her judgement and then basing their appeals on that. A weapon that had been quietly and without much fanfare sitting on the Home Secretary's desk to be used against the really bad hats will then be rendered ineffective because it was used to stupid effect against a pointless target.
If she hadn't had her citizenship stripped we'd be looking at another muppet going through the same process.

Only got her word that they died . She could have handed them over to others
of her kind who have already made their way back here .
So now in a council house somewhere being brainwashed into nice little jihadis
Only got her word they were born.

syrup

LE
If she hadn't had her citizenship stripped we'd be looking at another muppet going through the same process.

Reportedly in the paper we dare not mention there is at least another 4 with sob stories awaiting to follow in her footsteps and return home.
Funny how life in the Caliphate became unbearable only once the rockets and bombs started falling and they ended up in camps.

Pity Sutcliffe rolled a seven, I'd have chipped in for a new hammer and screwdriver set and invited him to host the welcome home party.

15 is not a child you idiot, how do you know she is a dosy, air-headed, stupid young woman? Elint and humint would suggest that there are good grounds for the government not to share your uninformed, pink and fluffy opinion.

Please post your photo, as well as name and address so the relatives of future victims know whom to have a cosy chat with.

Guardian reader!

Together with Jeremy Corbyn, I launched our comprehensive youth manifesto Only Young Once in October this year, which committed us to introducing legislation to guarantee quality youth services and giving our councils the funding they need to invest in our public services. We will open up our democracy to a generation of young people by extending the voting age to 16.

Thank you kindly Cat Smith Labour MP - Methodist, bi-sexual (from her wiki) and therefore welcomed with open arms by Shamima, ISIS and every Islamic country certain voting demographic in the UK.

220px-Official_portrait_of_Cat_Smith_MP_crop_2.jpg

Together with Jeremy Corbyn, I launched our comprehensive youth manifesto Only Young Once in October this year, which committed us to introducing legislation to guarantee quality youth services and giving our councils the funding they need to invest in our public services. We will open up our democracy to a generation of young people by extending the voting age to 16.

Thank you kindly Cat Smith Labour MP - Methodist, bi-sexual (from her wiki) and therefore welcomed with open arms by Shamima, ISIS and every Islamic country certain voting demographic in the UK.

View attachment 523513
A picture paints a thousand wokes...

View attachment 523513
Bi-sexual? No wonder. She really does need to cast the net wide to make a catch.

If they were to change the voting age do they intend to change the ages of everything else? For example youth crime: The criminal justice system treats children and young people differently from adults and significant weight must be attached to the age of the suspect if they are a child or young person under 18.
  • Sue or be sued
  • Open a bank account in your own name
  • Perform professionally abroad
  • Serve on a jury
  • Get a tattoo
  • Buy cigarettes and tobacco
  • Buy and drink alcohol in a bar
  • See an 18 certificate film at the cinema
  • Buy fireworks
  • Pawn items in a pawn shop
  • Leave home
  • Marry or register a civil partnership
  • Make a Will
  • Stand for election as a member of parliament
  • Carry an organ donor card
  • You cannot be made a ward of the court
  • Own land, buy a house or flat & apply for a mortgage
  • If you are adopted, you can apply to see a copy of your original birth certificate
  • Ride a motorbike above 125cc with a licence
  • Drive lorries between 3500kg and 7500kg with a trailer up to 750kg (with the appropriate licence)

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'd recommend altering it to a year younger than me, on a rolling basis
I've long believed they could raise the age at which you can smoke (more importantly, buy) cigarettes by one year every two years. Everybody currently doing so continues. Everybody who wants to can, eventually, but it gets kicked so far down the road that it it becomes a thing of the past.

syrup

LE
If they were to change the voting age do they intend to change the ages of everything else? For example youth crime: The criminal justice system treats children and young people differently from adults and significant weight must be attached to the age of the suspect if they are a child or young person under 18.
  • Sue or be sued
  • Open a bank account in your own name
  • Perform professionally abroad
  • Serve on a jury
  • Get a tattoo
  • Buy cigarettes and tobacco
  • Buy and drink alcohol in a bar
  • See an 18 certificate film at the cinema
  • Buy fireworks
  • Pawn items in a pawn shop
  • Leave home
  • Marry or register a civil partnership
  • Make a Will
  • Stand for election as a member of parliament
  • Carry an organ donor card
  • You cannot be made a ward of the court
  • Own land, buy a house or flat & apply for a mortgage
  • If you are adopted, you can apply to see a copy of your original birth certificate
  • Ride a motorbike above 125cc with a licence
  • Drive lorries between 3500kg and 7500kg with a trailer up to 750kg (with the appropriate licence)

Leave School? They have to stay in school until they are 18 now
I'm sure I was like many who joined at 17
Was doing the job just couldn't order a pint in the NAFFI or vote.

Leave School? They have to stay in school until they are 18 now
I'm sure I was like many who joined at 17
Was doing the job just couldn't order a pint in the NAFFI or vote.
17.5 so no parental consent required. I was at my first operational station just before my 18th birthday.

I don't think so. Fanboi myth Two campaigns:

Normandy: slaughtered around Caen for no gain.
Right flank of LSSAH and Kampfgrüppe Peiper in the Ardennes: distance advanced measured in Km on the fingers of one hand over a couple of weeks against green or recuperating troops. All the gear but no idea.
And no fuel either , so said 17 y/o's driving King Tigers on an icebound B road with only 2 hours training ditch the bloody things within 200 yds , blocking the entire battlegroup for the day.
Nazis , top tip! When planning a last grasp counterattack with scarce resources , don't let the Fuhrer , who knows eff all about tanks and is tucked up in a bunker somewhere , choose the precise route or order of march .

Latest Threads