Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shamima Begum allowed back to the UK

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Has he any empty rooms left, following his last round of virtue signalling? Perhaps Ed and Yvette would be a better bet?

Slime

LE

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

The only error there is that Lineker has been saying he will take in a refugee for quite a long time............But he just keeps ‘saying’ he will, and never actually does it.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I do read the Guardian, along with the Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Wall Street Journal and Straits Times on a daily basis
Don't forget An Phoblacht, you must have a subscription for that.

This case is a fairly cut and dry example where sides or opinions are easy to quantify.

Try this test, and remember all of us here have our opinions on what we want to happen, and what we think will happen.

Would you personally be happy for this woman to come and live with you in your house?

You only need to consider a few factors.
What you think, what your family think and what your friends and neighbours would think.

You will already be aware that as an adult this woman said things like the Manchester arena bombing was a just thing, and that British people deserved to be bombed.
Depending on how closely you have followed her case you may be aware she is currently living in an ISIS ‘enclave’ within the camp she lives in, and that adults and children from that enclave still physically attack non ISIS refugees in the wider camp.

As per above, forget what the court decides, would you be happy to have her live with you?

This isn‘t a right or wrong test, just a reflection of your opinion.
The answer could be yes, let her live with me and be the start of a happy new life.
It could also be yes, she deserves a second chance, then be a new ‘Usman Khan’.

All of us here are well aware that an adult saying ‘please give me a second chance’ may simply be telling lies.
The answer is no to all of the questions, she is probably an extremely unpleasant woman and one for whom I have little sympathy.

None of which detracts from my point, a simple one, and as usual all the usual suspects are hanging mong boxes and red X's from my posts like Christmas trees because they choose to read something into what I have written that I have not said.

So let me put it in simpler, neutral terms.

Let us say you wish to build a house in a badly drained field, it's your field, your money but I advise you that it is unwise to do so, you get angry with me, you call me an idiot, you call me a tree-hugging greeny eco social justice warrior, you tell me it is your damn property and you'll build your damn house in the field if you want to and I can take my predictions about the consequences and shove them up my commie ass.

I am sure that will make you feel better and I am sure when your house floods in the first heavy downpour you'll forgive me if I just happen to mention that I told you that this is precisely what would happen.

So here is the prediction, I do not welcome being proven right, but I am prepared to take any bet anyone likes who thinks I am an idiot for making this prediction and I stand ready to be confirmed as an idiot if my prediction does not come to pass.

Shamima Begum will win her case in the Supreme Court. The UK government will fly her home. The floodgates will open as previous people who lost their citizenship file appeals, all on the public's tit.

If I am wrong about these outcomes, feel free to come back and call me an idiot, but be prepared for me to call you an idiot if I am right (I won't do so, the mods have already warned me about my behaviour and I am being a good boy now).

Depending on how closely you have followed her case you may be aware she is currently living in an ISIS ‘enclave’ within the camp she lives in, and that adults and children from that enclave still physically attack non ISIS refugees in the wider camp.

So what you're saying is that everyone in the camp, apart from the Daesh lot needs a 9mm pistol and a ton of ammo?

Slime

LE
The answer is no to all of the questions, she is probably an extremely unpleasant woman and one for whom I have little sympathy.

None of which detracts from my point, a simple one, and as usual all the usual suspects are hanging mong boxes and red X's from my posts like Christmas trees because they choose to read something into what I have written that I have not said.

Let us say you wish to build a house in a badly drained field, it's your field, your money but I advise you that it is unwise to do so, you get angry with me, you call me an idiot, you call me a tree-hugging greeny eco social justice warrior, you tell me it is your damn property and you'll build your damn house in the field if you want to and I can take my predictions about the consequences and shove them up my commie ass.

I am sure that will make you feel better and I am sure when your house floods in the first heavy downpour you'll forgive me if I just happen to mention that I told you that this is precisely what would happen.

So here is the prediction, I do not welcome being proven right, but I am prepared to take any bet anyone likes who thinks I am an idiot for making this prediction and I stand ready to be confirmed as an idiot if my prediction does not come to pass.

Shamima Begum will win her case in the Supreme Court. The UK government will fly her home. The floodgates will open as previous people who lost their citizenship file appeals, all on the public's tit.

If I am wrong about these outcomes, feel free to come back and call me an idiot, but be prepared for me to call you an idiot if I am right (I won't do so, the mods have already warned me about my behaviour and I am being a good boy now).

Your badly drained field analogy might point to a lack of construction knowledge on your part, but that might be better addressed in a different thread :)

Why should I be prepared to be called an idiot?
I hold exactly the same view as you as to whether she should be allowed back.

In a more enlightened time she would have been hung for treason.
Now she will get a Council house, Benefits and a new identity.

Some parts of the Human Rights Act need scrapping or rewriting.

I'm still waiting for that to happen from July 2007 when it was first stated after the 7/7 attacks

"Tony Blair said today that "fostering hatred" could be grounds for the deportation of foreign nationals in new anti-terror plans.
The prime minister, making a lengthy Downing Street statement before his holiday, said the Human Rights Act would be amended if necessary to make the deportation of people inciting terrorism more straightforward."

If a week is a long time in politics apparently, so is 15 years.
Can't see any amendments to the Human Rights Act myself, how strange is that?

Slime

LE
So what you're saying is that everyone in the camp, apart from the Daesh lot needs a 9mm pistol and a ton of ammo?

No, but then you could see I didn’t say that.

The violence between groups in the refugee camps is well documented.

And she has steadfastly refused to take her father's Bangladeshi citizenship. Or her 'husband's' Dutch citizenship. I wonder why?

She can appeal her decision, at her own expense, from wherever she is now, but she must not be allowed into the UK for that purpose. Electronic communication - you know it makes sense.

I'm still waiting for that to happen from July 2007 when it was first stated after the 7/7 attacks

"Tony Blair said today that "fostering hatred" could be grounds for the deportation of foreign nationals in new anti-terror plans.
The prime minister, making a lengthy Downing Street statement before his holiday, said the Human Rights Act would be amended if necessary to make the deportation of people inciting terrorism more straightforward."

If a week is a long time in politics apparently, so is 15 years.
Can't see any amendments to the Human Rights Act myself, how strange is that?

Well remembered, you !

Not that it is going to mellow my intense dislike of that man, in any way at all.
He can say what he likes because he knew at the time nothing would actually be done about it.
He is still a smarmy wide- boy, a war criminal and a liar.

And his wife is ugly.

Well remembered, you !

Not that it is going to mellow my intense dislike of that man, in any way at all.
He can say what he likes because he knew at the time nothing would actually be done about it.
He is still a smarmy wide- boy, a war criminal and a liar.

And his wife is ugly.
On the bright side, he will never be President of the EU, which no doubt causes him to shed bitter tears in the quiet hours.

Dalef65

Old-Salt
To blame Blair for this (either Tony or Cheri) is to miss the point, the decision to deprive Begum of her citizenship would never have got past any court of justice, Yooman Rites Law or not.

It was a dreadful mistake arising from a need to be seen to be doing something in response to tabloid outrage and which will now undermine the ability to actually strip citizenship from gobshites who truly deserve it.

Begum was a 15yo girl when she did what she did, and it was disgusting and shameful, but she was a child. I know plenty of blokes who joined organizations that were pretty vile in the 1970s and 1980s and did stuff that was disgusting and shameful and for which they are truly remorseful today (there are quite a few who aren't too, I grant you that) and who now lead lives of quiet ordinariness and who must live with their consciences for the rest of their days.

Stripping her of her citizenship would never have stood legal scrutiny for five minutes and if a government legal adviser suggested to the Home Secretary it would, he should be transferred to the conveyancing department of Kingston upon Hull's parks and cemeteries committee.

I am pretty sure that the Supreme Court is going to come down pretty heavy on this and the government is not going to win, so what will the consequences be? When some really bad piece of goods comes along, who has confirmed dual-citizenship and who actually could be doing with having his UK passport removed, officials will be loathe to do so.

A useful tool that could have been handy if used judiciously and quietly will have been thrown away all in order to play to the tabloid gallery and be seen to be tough on a dosy, air-headed, stupid young woman.

I don't think you're an idiot at all.

On the contrary, I think you're being quite clever in the way you've presented your propaganda for this piece of filth.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I am making no particular judgement on her own character, my own opinion is that she poses little threat to the British state except with regard to the fact that the state's ill-judged decision to strip her of her citizenship will mean that a useful tool in the state's box will now be blunted.

Shamima Begum wasn't worth wasting such a valuable asset on.

Just for the record and so as I am clear, I have no sympathy whatsoever for the stupid woman, she got herself into the mess but by the government's ill-judged actions the British taxpayer will end up on the hook for getting her, and many others like her, out of her predicament.
Oh, she does. If she gets let back she becomes a totem: “You can go abroad, engage in butchery, and come back and they’ll house and protect you.”

The way I see it , we have a government that despite it's comfortable majority is determined to try to please everyone all of the time .
As they have no way of knowing how to do this , they let themselves be led by the MSM and Twitter .
They will simply see which way the wind is blowing and go with those shout the loudest .
If Piers Morgan says no , it's no , type thing .
I think they will let her back in ,in the usual spineless display of our liberal and humanitarian way
This ghastly little moll will then come back to prominence either when she kills someone on British soil ,or is appointed a councillor in Tower Hamlets as the first step towards a seat in the HoC .

Pound to a penny she'll end up in a four bedroom detached in leafy Bucks, all paid for by HMG and with full support (and police protection for life) courtesy of the state.

I will be truly gobsmacked if the above (or something very close) does not transpire. I'll go one step further and predict she'll win ******* Strictly in 2023.

The way I see it , we have a government that despite it's comfortable majority is determined to try to please everyone all of the time .
As they have no way of knowing how to do this , they let themselves be led by the MSM and Twitter .
They will simply see which way the wind is blowing and go with those shout the loudest .
I think they will let her back in ,in the usual spineless display of our liberal and humanitarian way
This ghastly little moll will then come back to prominence either when she kills someone on British soil ,or is appointed a councillor in Tower Hamlets as the first step towards a seat in the HoC .
Here's hoping your little dit comes true:

Absolutely spot on.

The only autres it will encourager is fatcat lawyers bleeding the taxpayer dry, as always.

I understand the theory of legal aid and it makes sense on paper but the idea doesn’t survive contact with the enemy, by whom I mean the lawyers.
Pretty hard to sue someone when it can't be proven who it was that placed the individual into the bag and then left them to be discovered later by the public.

Latest Threads